chapter 6 - the balcony

* The Mafia Guy**

"Capo, everything is handled. The shipment  will reach its destination in the next three days." Informed  Mario.

"Good job Mario , keep up the good work." I said before ending the call.

I sighed before I decided  to go check on my bride to be.

I know it's weird  that im getting married to a girl I just went and picked up from a funeral but what to do. She's the one I want and need.

I saw her some years back. When she was still in her father's house. I saw how vulnerable she looked.

How she handled herself it made me wonder what that little creature was doing in  a house of a ruthless man like  Herman Scotch.

He is not a Capo but he is linked to the mafia in everyway possible.

I saw how scared she was of him when he called her to meet me. She doesn't know me from that meeting because she kept her head down and her fingers clasped together  to try and hide how much they were shaking.

Getting to her room I stood by the door for a minute contemplating on whether to knock or just enter.

"For  fucks sake , it's my house" I said before opening the door  and entering the room.

"Victoria" I called out to her once I  noticed  how empty the room was. There was absolutely  no sign of her but I can confidently say she didn't try and escape.

"Alicìa " I called out in a demanding tone.

I dug my nails as deep  as they could go in my palm for calling her that.

"You don't get  to call me that." She replied and that's when I noticed the balcony door was open.

"What the fuck are you doing out there. It's freezing ge-" but my words were cut short when I saw her position.

She was sitting on the ledge on the balcony  with her legs close to her chest with her arms wrapped around  them.

"Victoria , get down from there" that position made her prone to so many accidents. Any wrong movement  she'd definitely  fall over and we're on the second floor for Christ sake.

"No" she said 

"Victoria  don't make me ask you again" I tried moving forward but an empty bottle of whiskey  caught my eye.

"I hope you don't mind" she said before she left out a muffled yawn.

"I borrowed one of your bottles. I'm sure you've  got plenty" she said again.

The freaking bottle was empty. Don't tell me she dawned the whole thing herself.

She kept on surprising me.

"Get down from there"

"No"

"Victoria you're drunk"

"Who told you that. Do you have a drunk person detector on you?" She asked before let of a hiccup.

She titled to the side a bit and I couldn't  take it. I rushed up towards her and pulled her inside.

"No , that was my happy place" she whined as she attempted to get back on the balcony again.

"No , Victoria. Nobody's going on to the balcony drunk"

"Shit , don't you freaking get it ? I'm not drunk" she pressed. I loved how her eyebrows came together and how her eyes screamed terror when she got mad.