Chapter 40 : much darker web

***LORENZO***

" 3 fucking weeks , THREE "  I yelled letting all my frustration out by firing all my bullets to the portrait across the room.

"Lorenzo , we are as worried about her as you are. But you being angry can't help anyone in this. " said my mom holding on to me. 

"Mom , she's been gone for 3 weeks and they aren't giving me any leads.  All they are saying is that it was a dead end. How many of them are supposed to be  dead ends before I find her. How many more dead ends are we supposed to meet before I find her ?" I asked her .

She didn't reply. None of them would even  reply to that because none of them had the answer.

"Fuck this ," I cursed and took my car keys and drove out of the estate back to the base.

Ever since that car drove out of the estate 3 weeks ago , we've been trying our level best to find her.

Just then my phone stsrted on ringing. I tried ignoring and tried focusing on whoever  took my wife.

My phone kept ringing non stop I was forced to pick it up.

"Lorenzo" said a low voice that caused my heart to skip a beat and feel like it's burning.

"A-A-Alicia. Alicìa  talk to me where are you?" I said and that moment Mario walked in and I signalled him as to who I was talking to.

"Alicìa  , please say  something talk to me."  I begged but all I could here was her crying and breathing heavily.

"I-its dark and cold. There's too many echoes and screams " she said in a very shallow voice.

"They've said it's going t-t-to happen in   2 days" she said again.

"Whats going to happen in two days ?" I asked her trying to keep the call going for long  so my team would be able to trace her location.

I looked at Mario who looked at the guys and they gave him a thumbs up showing the laptop to him.

"Alicìa  baby , listen to me. I'm coming okay. Please just hold on for me. I'll be there as soon as I can. " I said and the line went silent.

"Capo , the location is a good 5 hours from us. " said one of the guys.

"Then assemble everyone and let's get on the fucking road " I said walking out with Mario closely behind me making a few calls.

"Tom will have to assemble  the team and follow by road. I need to get there faster so I'm taking the chopper. I dont want to take any chances of them realising that their location has been compromised. " I told Mario and he nodded  and made a call to get the chopper ready.

Just then my phone rang again. Looking at the caller ID it was Tony.

"Tony listen  , I really don't have time man. Let me ca-" but he cut me short.

"They killed her man." He said. His voice was breaking and I could hear him crying from the other end.

"Tony what's going on" I asked him getting into the car that'll led me to the grounds where the chopper would take off from.

"C-Caroline. She'd been missing for the past 3 weeks. Today , about 8hours ago she made a call to me. She was saying the place is dark and it's cold-" he sobbed and my heart skipped and beat and began burning inside of me.

That was the same description  of the place Alicìa  said she was in.

"S-she was begging me to come and get her."  He said again. "I-i-I was on my way when they sent me a video. Th-they were brutally  beating her. " He said and began crying all over again.

My head felt light and I could feel myself getting dizzy having the thought of Alicìa  going through the same thing.

She went missing three weeks ago.
She  called me today
She said the place was dark and cold.
Would they kill her too?

"Lorenzo , they killed my fucking wife. They killed the love of my life. The mother of my child. What am I going to tell JJ ?" He cried  but what could I say to him.

"T-Tony " was all  I said before my phone vibrated two times indicating  a message that had come through.

"I-its not just Caroline  who's gone missing  3 weeks ago." I told him ignoring the message that had just gotten  into my phone because I was already assuming the worst.

"Alicìa  is missing too. 3 weeks ago ,they took her late at night and there hasn't been any strong trace of her until  now. " I told him.

"Sh-she called me. She said the room was dark and cold. She said she was hearing painful screams and  echoes." I told him.

"That's what Caroline also mentioned."

"Yeah" I responded  but it came out as a whisper

"Then make sure you bring her home" said Tony in a firm voice before ending the call.

My heart was beating so loud I couldn't even hear the sound of the chopper from the distance.

"Lorenzo , let's get moving" yelled Mario and he opened the door for me and we began advancing towards the chopper.

We had 4 more men with us who were also armed.

Getting in the chopper took off.

"I tried telling you I was coming along but you didn't listen" said  a voice  from the front of the chopper.

Turning his head , he literally  was the last person I wanted to see.

"I'm sorry. But I really wanna help. Most Donnas of most Familias are missing and I'm  sure  by now Tony must've informed you about what happened to Caroline " he said again.

"I don't want that happening to Alicìa. She's  a nice soul she doesn't deserve any of it. That's why I'm helping. "  He said.

"Luca , how the hell do you think I'm going to trust you?" I asked him.

"Because of this" he said passing a tablet to me.

Alicìa  Rivera
Caroline Cassano
Danielle  Petrov
Samantha Williams
Teresa  Březina

"So far Teresa and Caroline are gone.  Danielle  , Alicìa and Samantha are left.  Danielle  and Samantha  haven't been tricked into making the call as of yet but they will in the next 5 hours. " Explained Luca.

"How do you know all of this ?" I asked him.

"I have very very rare and delicate information  coming from inside this organisation. It's not the  first time this has happened. That's why I was trying to actually maintain  close contact with you by annoying you so much" he said.

"That night in the theatre  room with Alicìa  , I was hopping on drugging her the putting a bug in her tooth that'll  help me track her once all of this went down." He explained.

"But why these specific  Mafia  women ?" Asked Mario.

"Let's say  your villains also get bored from hitting you directly so they do it through other means" he explained.

"Whoever your enemy is right now , pray that he doesn't bid that your wife gets killed in the most brutal way possible." He explained.

"It's a much more darker Web and you can only get invited to join it you don't join in yourself." He added.