Part 5

"Why does Jisoo's lawyer have to come over for dinner? Shouldn't she be sitting in her office working on how to get Jisoo off?" Ella complained the following evening.

"Even lawyers need to eat, Ella. Come on, she's a perfectly nice girl, you'll really like her," Jennie promised. She took the rolls out of the oven and placed them in the center of the kitchen table.

"Well, I don't see why I have to get all dressed up for it," she huffed.

Jennie shook her head out of aggravation. "Because I said so. Lisa is a guest in our home, we should look our best."

"You have a crush on this Lisa, don't you?" the fifteen-year-old asked.

At that exact moment the doorbell rang, allowing Jennie to dodge answering her sister's question. "Stir the spaghetti while I'm getting the door."

Ignoring Ella's grumbling, Jennie made her way to the front door, checking her hair in the mirror before opening in. Unbeknownst to her, Ella had peeked her head into the hallway and saw her. 'What was that about?' the girl asked herself. 'Jennie rarely worries about her appearance.' Shrugging her shoulders, she went back to preparing the dinner.

When she opened the door, Jennie was pleasantly surprised to see a dapper-looking Lisa on the other side. 'She looks good even without a suit on,' she noted. "Hi, Lisa," Jennie greeted. "Come on in."

"I suddenly feel very underdressed," Lisa commented when she saw Jennie in a dark blue sundress. She couldn't help but notice how it hugged her in all the right places. 'Stop it, Lisa,' she chastised herself. 'This is a business arrangement.'

"You look fine." 'More than fine' "Dinner's almost ready."

Lisa nodded and handed her a bottle of red wine. "This is for you."

"That was thoughtful, but you really didn't have to. Especially since no one in this house is of legal age to drink."

"I find it hard to believe that you don't drink. Not even a little?"

"Not often. But I might make an exception tonight." An awkward moment of silence fell upon them. "Let's go into the kitchen so we can eat while the rolls are still warm."

Following her into the other room, Lisa made a mental note of the layout of the rooms. she knew it would be crucial to Jisoo's defence. "Nice house," she said.

"Thank you. I grew up here; I just wish I could afford to keep it."

She placed a hand on her shoulder. "Pretty soon you won't have to worry about it, Jennie. All your money problems will be solved."

"Lucky me." When she entered the kitchen, she couldn't find her sister. "Ella? Where are you?"

A second later, the back door opened, and Ella entered. "Hey."

"What are you doing out there?" she wanted to know. "I told you to watch the spaghetti."

Ella gave her sister a funny look. "I was putting the sauce jar in the recycling bin, thank you very much. No need to have a cow about it."

"I was just wondering where you were." Jennie took a step to the right, so she wasn't standing directly in front of Lisa. "Ella, this is Lisa Manoban, Jisoo's lawyer."

The girl checked her out. she was obviously still young, but definitely older than her sisters. It didn't escape her attention that Lisa was pretty handsome. 'No wonder Jennie checked her appearance before she answered the door. This girl's a total hottie!' "Hi," she said simply.

"Nice to finally meet you, Ella."

"Is the spaghetti done?" Jennie asked her sister.

"Yeah, I strained it when you were letting her in. Everything's on the table."