Cassidy. Sept 8

I roll over once I wake up and take Gracie hand cuddling into her side. We're both awake, neither of us saying anything, enjoying the moment to scared to mess it up. She squeezes my hand "hey" she says
I roll onto my stomach "hey" I lock eyes with her, scared so say anything else. I start biting my nails before she takes my hand.
"Don't freak" she reassures
"Sorry"
"Don't apologize"
"I'm just nervous" I say looking down
"Why? Do you regret it?" She asks referring to the events of last night
"No no no" I say "do you?"
Gracie pulls her hair behind her ears "No never"
"What's next?" I ask unsure of what's to come
"I don't know I've never done this" Gracie admits
I sit up hugging my knees to my chest
Gracie sits up with me "let's go on a date"
I smile "okay- when?"
"Tonight"
I grab her hand and nod lying back down across Gracie. She takes a piece of my hair and twirls it around her finger "hey um don't tell my family about this?"
She said it like a question "of course" I squeeze her hand three times to reassure her. We lay like that a little longer before we head into the kitchen.
Her moms sitting at the island with her laptop open. "Hey girl what's on your agenda today"
"Uhm we're gonna get dinner tonight that's all" Gracies smirking at me.
Her mom doesn't look up from her computer "Oh that sounds fun!"
Gracie nods her head
"Hey uhm I'm gonna go shower" I touch Gracie's arm as I exit the room. She hums in response.

I go upstairs, into the bathroom and think for a minute taking in the last 24 hours. I sit on the side of the tub and take my phone out and call Lizzy

"bitch guess what" I hold my phone between my cheek and shoulder turning the shower on
"what?" She laughs
I whisper "I kissed Gracie"
"OH MY GOD! I FUCKING CALLED IT" she says it so loud I pull my phone from my face
"Shut up I gotta go just thought you should be the first to know" I clip my hair up "love ya"
"Love you too!"
Lizzy hangs up and I slip into the shower

Hour pass where we hang around Gracie's house trying to ignore any tension of last night and the anticipation for later in the evening.
"Wait what should I wear tonight!" I say doing my makeup
"Just like Jeans? Whatever you want- I'd say be comfortable"
I hum
"Hey don't be nervous" she's trying to reassure me but probably reassuring herself too.
I pick at my nails avoiding eye contact "Right sorry"
Gracie gets up from the chair she was sitting in to come sit next to me on the bed "we don't have to to this- we can just forget everything"
"No" i feel bad for being so nervous i just can't help it, I've always had bad anxiety.
Gracie gives me a hug before i go change and we leave the house.

We drive for while, maybe 20 minutes. We arrive in what I realize is Malibu and Gracie pulls into a parking lot "hey I'm gonna run in and pick up the food I ordered before we left.
She arrives back with a takeout bad I read 'Rivas Seafood'
"Fish?" I ask confused given it's not exactly a first date meal
"I promise it's the best sea food on the west coast- sorry if it's weird I just remember you saying you loved ceviche—"
"—Shut up it's great" I'm sure I'm smiling ear to ear, I love that she remembers
"Okay great" she pauses to focus on the turn back into the PCH highway. "There one more stop till we're there"
We pull into the 7-11 parking lot "go crazy" she says making a revealing motion with her arms "get whatever you want" she does straight to the candy isle
"Can I get a slurpee?" I ask
"Cass I said you can get anything"
We get a whole basket of candy and snacks before going up to the counter. The cashier was probably no older then us "oh my god your Gracie Abram's! And your Cassidy Swift" the girl said
Me and Gracie laugh a little still unsure of how to react to fans. Before we can respond "your stuff is on me! I'm such a fan!"
"Nono please let me pay" I say shoving cash in her hand
"Cmon let me give you a free slurpee or something" she says
Gracie sighs checking her phone realizing the time "Okok lets get a picture though"
We take a selfie with the girl and I leave her a huge tip
We get back in the car "Sorry to rush" she turns around backing out of the spot "we just want to get there soon"
We drive a little longer until Gracie tells me to close my eyes for a it to be a surprise.
"Okay open!" She says putting the car in park
"Shut up!" I say opening my eyes to see that we're in a drive in theater with the Mamma Mia thumbnail projected on the screen. She backs into a spot and tells me to grab everything while she opens the truck. There are pillows and blankets sprawled in the back of her car. I pull her into a hug "Gracie this is the cutest fucking thing ever"
"I'm glad you like it"
We sit down and wait for the movie to start and snacking on our treats. As the movie is wrapping up and all our snacks are long gone I rest my head on Gracie's  shoulder and she takes my hand in hers. The credits start rolling and I sit up to face her.
She says "I don't want to go home, this moments perfect."
I nod looking down at her lips then back up to meet her eyes. She leans in and I connect our lips, making the moment even better. She pulls away resting her forehead on mine. We stay like this until all the other cars pull out of the movie and it's just us in a field.
"We should probably go" I whisper looking around noticing how desolate the drive in was
Gracie quickly connects our lips once more before moving back up to the front seat of the car.

We get back to Gracie's house pretty late. Nobody's awake besides the two of us. We get into our pajamas and brush our teeth with goofy smiles plastered on our faces not wanting the day to end. We fall asleep how we woke up, hand in hand and legs intertwined.

Authors note:
Idk how I feel but sorry it took so long finals have been kicking my ass