Gracie. Oct 30

Cass and I are doing an early Halloween since we're going to Sabrina's get together tomorrow. Her mom's leaving this morning to do something with her boyfriends so we're planning to rot together all day. I flutter my eyes open so Cassidy saying "want to built a fort?"
I giggle thinking she's joking at first but when I realized she's being deadass I nod my head.
"Okay cmon" she says rolling out of bed tugging in my arm like a five year old. We catch her mom as she's leaving for her weekend away "bye mom" Cassidy says letting go of my hand to run and hug her mom goodbye
"Bye sweetie bye Gracie" she says closing the door behind her. I think this is a regular occurrence for Cass and her mom, leaving her alone for awhile that is. They didn't go over any house rules or have a super affectionate goodbye. I feel bad that she's alone as much as she is but at least she has Lizzys family. Oh and Lizzy about her I'm so excited to meet her! and all Cass' friends she talks so highly of them. Anyway I'm rambling I'm just so happy to be here.
"Here let's go to the sun room" Cass says taking me out of my head. "Okay uhm I'll get blankets and pillows and the computer" She says running out of the room.
"Wait what should I do?" I ask
"Uhmmm close the curtains and move the day bed to be next to the tv"
We drape the sheets from the curtain rods and pile blankets on the bed.
"Perfect!" I say
"No we need food" she says heading towards the door putting on her shoes and a mask. I follow suit and we head to the bodega a few block away.

We make it back to Cassidy's place and lay all the shit we got around the fort we've made. "Hold on I'm gonna go find the cooler" Cass says running towards the attic. I admire our snacks, a box of pop secret popcorn, salt and vinegar chips, sour air head bites, nerds gummy clusters and a variety bag of Tony's chocolate. Oh and a litter of coke and dr. Pepper. Cassidy sets up the cooler for our sodas and grabs some icecream from the fridge. "What should we watch first?" She asks sitting up in the fort while I'm laying in my stomach facing the tv.
"I don't know if this is stupid but my and Audrey always watch the Halloween episode of gossip girl" I say
Her face lights up "I freaking love gossip girl oh my god!" She says turning it on "Lizzy and I used to watch it in middle school when we realized her mom was in it"
I laugh "how did she feel about that?"
"Ummmm let's just say she wasn't thrilled"

Cassidy swift added to her story

We finish the episode and I check my Instagram notifications "it's giving soft launch" I say pointing the phone at Cass "I figured it wasn't like obvious in the pictures" she says "I can't take them down if they're outing us to much" "Nono they're...

"I figured it wasn't like obvious in the pictures" she says "I can't take them down if they're outing us to much"
"Nono they're fine it's cute" I say "do u want to tell people?"
She sighs thinking of how to phrase what she wants to articulate"I'm in no hurry but if you want to then i don't care"
"No I like things how they are" I say
She crawls next to me packing my cheek "me too"
We watch coraline and scream, scream took a little convincing to get me to watch. I hate scary movies but apparently Cass loves the original scream. "AH" I scream shoving my face in her shoulder.
"It's okay you can look now" she said every time I hid from the screen, she'd rub my hand and reassure me everything's okay. God I love her. It gets late and we venture out of the safety aid the world we built around ourselves to find some food that you couldn't find in the snack isle of a supermarket. "Uhh we don't really have that much" Cass says going through her pantry and cupboards. "We should make cookies"
"That's not dinner" I laugh
"So what" she says taking the ingredients out
"Ok" I shrug with a smiles plastered on my face

We finish the cookies and hunker back down in the fort we've made. We shared stories and whispered secrets. We help each other tight in the dimly lit blankets and sheets lost in each others eyes. I never imagined this would be how I spent my senior year but I couldn't be happier. I trace shapes on cass's stomach where I flipped up her shirt "hey" I say softly "After we graduate what are you thinking?"
"I don't know I always thought I'd just end up being an influencer but to be transparent I've been writing a lot and wanted to look into something with the songs. I don't really care where I end up though"
"I really think your songs should go somewhere" I say "wether you sell them or sing them yourself- I was thinking after high school I'd movie to New York, well that's kind of always been my plan anyway but now I have even more motivation" I smile up at her
She nods "Then I'm moving out the second you out up here"
I let out a light laugh "we should watch another movie" I cuddle into Cassidy's side as close as I possibly could and hug her tight. We put on the Halloween Charlie Brown as ambiance as we fall asleep intertwined.

Authors note:
I think updates are officially gonna slow down from here out just bc of track season- I honestly could be wrong but during soccer season I barely posted so we'll see
All that being said I'm really excited for the next chapter so it might come sooner then I think
Love you guys
Vote and comment 🩷🩷