[Prologue: Genesis I]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(???? POV) (Year XXXX)

"Uugh... my head?" I felt a brief flash of pain echoing from my mind but it soon vanished as I regained consciousness, I my head muddle up, not remembering a thing or much less what had happened.

What happened? Where am I? Why am I feeling cold? I shivered briefly before that to had vanished from my senses to which confused me for a moment.

Why does everything feel so rough? now that I think about it, I can feel the rising heat from above me yet that to was dissipating faster than I can think of it further.

It was like I was briefly feeling and losing various sensation as seconds goes by and that worried me.

My consciousness was only returning at this moment as my vision became more clearer, my body less stiffer and weak as I felt it before.

My energy returning to me as I wake up from what felt like am eternity in slumber... yet, I have the feeling that it wasn't actually that long and my senses was just trying to fool me.

Moments passed so quick for me as I felt my eyelids opening wide and as my eyes opened up to reveal. "Guah!" The most ugliest looking bird I had seen in my life as I jolted up.

The said bird creature jumping away or at least that's what I thought as the said thing fell lip a short meter away from me with a loud squelch that no doubt would've been disgusting for me to see.

But as I was feeling now, all I felt was a brief jolt of surprise before it faded quickly just like my other sensation, oh, I can still feel things but they were quick to disappear as soon as I felt them.

It was... unnerving but that was not my focus for today, rather it was the ugly looking bird that woke me up from my dizziness just moments ago.

"Is that thing rotting?" It was a terrible... yet, fascinating sight to behold as the bird that was previously still filled with flesh and feather moments ago although wrinkling but still fine, yet was still ugly.

Was now rotting away, flesh turning into a puddle of dark inky goop that let out a foul stench that made me scrunch my nose as I backed away.

Feather sizzling into dust while it's inner organs and blood boiled and sizzled like it was being cooked alive as I watched in disturbed fascination.

"Weird... why is it like that? Is it sick or something?" I wondered before I began to worry for myself. "Oh, God! Am I going to be infected as well?" I panicked for a moment.

Hands touching over myself as I look to see if I was going through the same thing. "Damn! Where's a mirror when you need one?" I asked myself.

I swiveled my head to look around and by luck, I found a small stream near me, so I made haste to reach over the stream and use it to look at myself.

"I'm fine..." I felt relief at the moment as I soon saw myself, face looking fine still a worry lingered in me that I might have been infected by whatever caused the bird to die out.

"What the hell was that?" It was a small mystery that I wouldn't uncover for now, not while I have no clue of where I am and what happened to me.

*Crack*

"What the... is this ice?" I looked to see that I stepped on ice, a layer of ice in fact, my appearance being reflected as I began to take in my surrounding much clearer.

"Wait a minute." Oh... oh! How couldn't I have noticed this? I'm in a middle of a cold wasteland, there's snow and ice everywhere... well not literally a tundra, since there seem to be trees.