(𝟑) 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

omniscient pov

tahj couldn't do it. he was conflicted with himself. it felt a little too inhumane. he silently watched the mothering rocking her child to sleep.

what was he going to do? the boss would kill him, literally. he couldn't back out but he couldn't go through with it either. he would just have to accept his fate.

he started to turn around but the baby spots him and starts to cry, in which alerting the mother.

she turns around, terrified, to see a startled tahj, "WHO ARE YOU? AND WHY DO YOU HAVE A GUN? PLEASE DON'T HURT US!"

she was on the brink of tears while clutching her baby away from the unknown man.

tahj was distraught as well.

"i'm so so sorry. this ain't what it look like. i was sent here to kill you... but i just couldn't do it. so i started to leave but then your baby started crying."

she looks at tahj suspiciously, "h-huh? w-who are you? a-and why are you trying to k-kill me?"

tahj pulls out his file of information and tries to hand it to her but she back away.

"put the g-gun down, please" she says still frightened.

tahj places the gun away from them on the ground. he then hands the file to the mother.

she reads it over for a moment. her heart sank as she looked at tahj. she re-read the name to make sure she wasn't going crazy.

"what's wrong?" tahj asked.

she looked at him with tears in her eyes, "the guy that sent you is my ex-boyfriend and my baby's father..."

his heart sank as well. he felt sorry for her. "oh my god. what in the-... why did he do this to you?!"

tears started to form as she took all this in.

"i-in the beginning of our relationship, everything was great. until he started to become possessive and obsessive. so i broke up with him. later on, i realized i was pregnant, and i told him. he didn't want it, so i didn't force him to. i'm currently raising jovani on my own. i've always wanted a child of my own."

she laid jovani down in his crib and cried in her hands. tahj didn't know what to do, so he hugged her. she hesitated but wrapped her arms around his waist and his around her waist.

tahj took in her scent. she smelt like cocoa butter, his favorite smell.

wait, was was he doing? he thought to himself.

he cleared his throat and she let go.

"thank you?.." she asks trying to learn his name.

"tahj, my name is tahj."

"thank you tahj, for sparing me and jovani's life. i thank you so much but you do know what you do is horrible?" she says without hesitation.

deep down inside he knew she was right but he didn't want to admit it. like he said, he already made his choice, right?

"what's ya name?" tahj asks curiously.

"serenity, my names is serenity." she says mocking him.

"serenity... i like that a lot."

he really did. he liked the way is rolled of his tongue. it sounded so natural.

serenity stared at him, "...so are you gonna leave or what..?"

that kind of strung, but what did he expect? he was trying to kill her a few minutes ago.

"oh right, uh... see you?" he says awkwardly.

what do you even say to a situation like this?

"i doubt it-" she giggles at him.

serenity thought he was cute but she couldn't do a hitman. she needed her and jovani to be safe.

tahj gives a polite nod and walks back the way he came in. and just when he was about to call jayce, that's when it hit him.

he ran back to serenity. she turns back around shocked.

"i thought you just le-"

"what if you stay with me?"

3/3/24