(𝟗) 𝐢𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥

omniscient pov

serenity sent him the address then put her phone down. she got up and looked in the mirror. she felt she really should get freshened up.

the mother walked over to jovani's crib to see him sleeping with a little smile on his face. she smiles as well as she admires the child. her smile drops as the reality hits her again. she just hoped she was doing the right thing.

she then make her way to the bathroom to take a quick shower. once she finished, she cleaned up my cocoa brown face and black hair. 

she then walked over to her dresser and picked out some grey shorts and a white tee. she felt it was not too fancy, not too laid back.

serenity looked her phone again to see the time going by fast. he should be almost here by now. she started to get nervous. she hadn't really talked to another guy since her baby's father.

her phone dings showing armani letting her know he was outside. she made her way down the stairs and unlocked the door.

"hiii armani, i'm glad you could make it." she says with a smile on her face.

"of course, i wouldn't give up a chance to chill with someone as beautiful as you." he says while inspecting the house.

she smiles at the compliment, "thank you, come come. sit wherever you want. how do you feel about a movie?"

armani nods and take a seat, "yea, that's fine."

"alright, i'm gonna grab some snacks. you can choose the movie if you want."

"ard," he responds as serenity walks off.

he picks up the remote and scrolls through netflix. his phone began to ring and he picks it up to show marcus was calling.

"wassap?" armani asks 

"you made it? how is it going?" marcus asks hoping he had good news.

"yea, we finna chill now. it was surprisingly easy to get over here. 

she really fell for it."

marcus chuckled, "alright good,  just act natural and let me 

know if something comes up.

"ard, gotchu." armani says then hangs up. 

just as he did, serenity came back around with the food. he looks to her and smile. 

"thank you for this. it looks good. i also found this new horror movie you may like." he says as he clicks on the movie.

"ooh okay, thank you armani." she smiles but then drops it. she had to ask him an important question but didn't know how to.

"uh, armani..?" she says nervously.

"wassap?" he asks as he turns to her.

now, armani wasn't going to lie and say she wasn't beautiful. but he was here for a purpose and it wasn't falling in love.

"you do know i have a baby?" 

of course he knew, it was his homeboy's. he also saw the child at the mall.

"yea i know, why?" he asks.

"does that bother you? i know most guys don't care for girls like me."

"all that doesn't matter, as long as i get to you. plus i feel like im good with kids." he says trying to hype himself up.

she smiles as her face begins to get hot. she wasn't used to men that knew their way with words. let alone be confident in them.

"well i appreciate that, thank you." she smiles 

their silence was interrupted by jovani's light cries. he has awoken from his nap and was hungry. 

"oh goodness, i'm so sorry. i'll be right back." she says as she runs upstairs my

"of course, you good."

serenity walks into her room and goes to pick up her child. she checks his diaper to make sure it wasn't full. thankfully it wasn't. she rocks him back and forth as she makes her way back downstairs.

armani looks over to the brown skin mother and her child. he smiled at the sight. he really did love kids and would love his own. 

"do you need help?" he asks.

she looks over to him, "oh my goodness, no no it's okay. i don't wanna put that on you."

he gets up and walks over to her, "no i insist, you do what you need and i'll hold him."

serenity hands the child to him and surprisingly jovani calms down. she goes into the freezer to get her frozen breast milk. she grabs the packets and heats it up. armani grabs the bottle and hands it to her.

"thank you," she says while focused on the milk.

he nods as if she was paying attention. she shakes up the bottle and tries to grab jovani.

"can i feed him?" armani asks to serenity's surprise.

"oh! i mean uh yea if you want" she gives him the bottle

he grabs it and sits jovani up to feed him. serenity sits down and admires the sight. she loved the cuteness. she also admired armanis brown skin, low fade, skinny figure, and brown eyes. he was handsome and very much her type. 

"like what you see?" he asks interrupting her thoughts.

she grew nervous as she didn't realize how hard she was staring.

"oh um, i mean you are good looking. but you also didn't lie when you said you were good with kids." she says.

he chuckles, "yea, i used to raise my siblings honestly. my parents didn't care enough to do so."

serenity nods, "well, i'm sure you did a good job."

armani laughs, "i guess you could say that."

4/25/24