(𝟓) 𝟑𝟎𝟎𝟓

omniscient pov

what does he know about holding a baby? lord please don't let him choke my baby, serenity thought to herself.

she hesitates but hands him to tahj, "make sure you support his neck and back, please.."

as soon as tahj had the baby in his hands, jovani stopped whining. tahj had always loved babies but never thought to settle down and have one.

serenity admired the scene from the backseat. she thought it was the cutest thing. she was surprised on how easy jovani was to calm down. he doesn't take well to strangers.

once they got to the house, tahj dalled jayce up and he open the door for serenity, "well what a gentleman." she giggles.

tahj handed jovani to serenity and walked over to the trunk. he grabbed all their stuff and closed it.

"aight, imma see you. mi precise everything." he says to jayce while falling him up.

"i see you my boy, be good son."

tahj stuck up his middle finger at jayce. he laughed and pulled off.

they walked into the house and serenity that it was really nice. she was surprised. he didn't seem like the type to be tidy.

"your room is upstairs. second door to the right. if you not comfortable, you can choose any other room but mines." he looks her in the eyes like he really cares.

she looks at him sincerely, "tahj, thank you for everything. you didn't have to but you did."

"it's nun foreal, i would want someone to do this for mi." he rubs the back of his neck. "so which one you want?"

they both walk upstairs to look around. serenity really liked the other rooms but wanted the closest to tahj's. it felt safer that way. who knows what could happen?

"can i get the one next to yours?" she asked hoping he would say yes.

"yea, that works." tahj thought she was staring to feel him to.

"you know, to feel safe." serenity smiled at him.

"yea yea, fo sure fo sure." tahj replies.

well never mind then. she's right, she's only here to be safe, tahj thought to himself.

tahj goes to get their stuff and places it in their new room. serenity lays jovani on the bed. tahj stares at jovani and smiles.

"you hungry or anything? i got food if you want." he rubs the back of his neck. he has never been so nervous.

serenity rubs her hands together, "yea i could eat, im starving."

tahj motions for her to follow him. they walk downstairs and into the kitchen. tahj opens the fridge door while serenity sits on one of the islands chairs.

he then pulls out the ingredients for shrimp alfredo.

"do you know how to cook? i don't want to be eating burnt food." serenity giggles nervously.

"girl, i'm jamaican, we kno how to throw down. you good with shrimp alfredo?"

he asked even though if she said no, he was going to make it anyway.

"that's my favorite. i haven't had in years. just please... don't kill my taste buds."

tahj rolls his eyes, "you gone see. imma bless you."

serenity hesitated before speaking, "tell me about you." she asks.

tahj thought about the question. he didn't know how to answer. he lost himself a long time ago. but her asking made him want to find it and tell her everything.

"i don't know where to start,"

he shrugs his shoulders. he was being completely honest.

"that's okay, atleast tell me your full name." she smiles trying to reassure him.

he liked that response, "well i'm 26 and my full name is tahj emoni williams."

"tahj emoni williams... i like that." she love the way his name sounded.

"aight, it's your turn now. tell me about you."

"my name is serenity irene price and i'm 24. jovani is eight months. i work at target part-time. to be honest, my life is quite boring." she giggles.

"you have brought life into his world. you are far from boring serenity."

she blushes, "thank you."

tahj nods his head and turned back around to finish the food. he opened the cabinets to get the bowls. once the food cools for a bit, he puts them into the bowls.

he hands it and fork to serenity, "tell me how it tastes."

she took the forks and put it in her mouth, slowly. she was surprised.

"it's really good tahj. way better than i expected."

"what i tell you? yall gotta stop hating on black men." he laughs.

"yea yea, whatever."

3/3/24