(𝟏𝟏) 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

omniscient pov

two days later

unfortunately, a few days ago, tahj played back his security footage to see armani walking in his house and staying for at least four and half hours.

tahj couldn't just go up to serenity and tell her off. she didn't belong to him nor were they together. things were already a little complicated between them. so he just thought he would ask about it later.

the past couple days were a little awkward for the confused duo. both of them favored each other, but serenity also favored armani. 

she was conflicted between the two. sure, tahj was cute and very sweet to let them in his home, but armani was giving out pressure as well.

as for tahj, he knew he wanted serenity. he just didn't know how to express it correctly. he also didn't want to pressure her into wanting him to. 

luckily for him, he had a plan. serenity's birthday was coming up and he had the perfect thing planned. he was excited for her and he hoped this would at least break the awkward tension. 

"tahj!" serenity yelled from downstairs. 

"yea?" he yelled back, but then started to come downstairs. he walked into the kitchen to see her bent over looking for some snacks. 

"damn," he mumbled under his breath. 

"huh?" she says coming back up to face him. 

"oh nothing, whatchu needed?" he asked as his face grew nervous.

"i think we need to go grocery shopping, we running low on a bunch of things." 

he looked around, "yea you right. you wanna go now or later?" 

"ooh we can go now, i've been dying to get out. plus i like shopping at night!" she says as she goes upstairs to get herself and her child ready. 

------

tahj pulls up to the nearest walmart and parks. they both get out while serenity grabs jovani. he giggles and babbles causing the duo to smile. they walk in and grab a cart. 

"alright, i have a list. you can also add anything you want. i mean this is your house."

"it's our house now," he says cutting her off. 

she smiles and nudges him, "thank you."

he nods and they go up and now the aisles looking for the things they needed. jovani had a time as well being pushed up and down them. they looked like a little family. and honestly, they didn't mind it.

"oh my gosh, your baby is so cute. he looks just like his dad! what's his name?" a random white lady says as she looks at jovani, smiling.

"oh um, that's not hi-" serenity starts to say.

"thank you, i get that a lot. his name is jovani."

"aww joevahnay? joevahnay? that's... definitely exotic." she says as she smiles and walks away.

they both look at each other expressing the same emotion. 

"first, she completely fucked up his name. second, why would you say you're his father?" 

"hey, i gotta give the people what they want. plus we do look like a little family." tahj says as he smiles.

serenity rolls her eyes playfully and just goes along with it.

"whatever, let's just finish up." 

once they get all they need, they head over to the register. the cashier scans all the things, and serenity pulls her card out. 

"woah woah, who said you was paying, mi got you covered mama." he says while moving serenity over and inserting his card in.

"i-.. um wow, thank you tahj. this is so sweet of you. but now i owe you one."

"tuh, youn owe nothing but a date." he says slyly.

serenity takes a minute to register what he said, but he already finished and was pushing the cart towards the exit.

"i don't know about you, but he's a keeper. my baby daddy don't even share his food with me." the cashier says to her. serenity looks at her with a pity smile and catches up to tahj. 

in all honestly, the fact of them being a little family was growing on her. 

4/27/24