(𝟏𝟒) 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

marcus' pov

three days later

"fuck you mean she hasn't been answering?" i say frustrated.

"exactly what i just said idiot. i don't know how much simpler it can get." armani responds back.

"how does she go from being so easy to so hard to get." i rub my head.

"i don't know man. i don't even know why you keep trying to do all this anyway. she hasn't done anything to you." he tells me, making me cringe.

"why the sudden change of heart? when i first told you the plan, you was ready to go. now you being a pussy?" i say with a hint of anger on my breath.

"okay? i'm allowed to change my fucking mind. she's actually a good person and you're trying to take that away." he says then hangs up.

i sigh. i always got to do everything myself. i look at the calendar and notice that's it's her birthday. and thank to that, i just got an idea.

this may be easier than i thought.

------

omniscient pov 

tahj walked up the stairs with a big bouquet of flowers and one of the many gifts he had gotten serenity. he was excited to see her reaction.

he knocks on her door and groggy serenity gets up from her bed and answers it.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" tahj screams into her face.

serenity was not wide awake. a smile crept into her face and she wrapped her eyes around tahj.

"OH MY GOD!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!" she says as she squeezes him tight.

jovani looked over to his mother to see what was happening. he began making babbles in response.

he embraces her back and takes in her scent. she even smelt good just waking up, damn.

"take a look inside," tahj says, ready for her to see the surprise.

she nodded and took the bag. she took out the tissue paper to see a key, a car key. her eyes grew big as she took it out the bag to realize it was an dodge srt key.

a/n: yall idk how tf those keys work. i'm just guessing tbh.

"tahj... you didn't-" tears filled the brink of her chocolate brown eyes.

tahj nodded his head already knowing what he was agreeing to. he grabbed her hand and lead her downstairs and then out the door. her eyes were met with a blacked out srt with a big red bow hanging on the hood.

"OH MY GOD??? IS IT MINES??? TAHJ OH MY GOD!!!" serenity ran up to the car and looked inside. she started to cry tears of joy as she let the realization hit her. she felt a sort of love developing for tahj and this was just the icing on the cake.

she then got out the car and ran up to tahj. she grabbed his face and kissed him. he kissed her back happily. they shared the kiss for a while until serenity broke it.

"tahj, i-i i'm just so surprised you would do something like this. i love it so much like you don't understand! i'm so grateful for the car and you." she says still in his embrace while looking up to him.

"you honestly deserve it mama. i just really wanted to get you something you would remember. hopefully this will be a day you remember." he says then kisses her again.

"this is definitely something i will remember. thank you so much."

"cmon, i have more for you inside." he says leading her back inside the house.

"oh my, more?!" she says while laughing.

------

serenity was still shocked as she looked at her gifts. 

to her surprise, they contained a few clothes from skims, perfumes from gucci, a marc jacob's tote bag, two pairs of jordan 4's, money, and some clothes for jovani. 

it also now made sense why tahj kept asking about the stuff she liked and the sizes her and her child wore. 

serenity broke down into tears. she was so overcome with feelings, she couldn't even hold them back anymore. tahj took heed and took jovani from her arms into his. 

he then laid him in his playpen. the dread head then took her into his embrace to comfort her. 

serenity just laid there until she stopped crying.

"tahj, i just want to thank you for everything you've done for me and my child. words can't even begin to express how i feel. i'm forever in your debt." 

"you don't owe me anything serenity, anything at all," he pauses. "okay now may not be the right time but.."

he let go of her and got on his knees, "serenity, as these past weeks have gone by, i realized you're one of the best things that have happened to me. and i wanted to as that..."

serenity froze, hoping he wasn't about to ask her what he thought he was.

"will you marry me?"

5/9/24