Prologue

Kuhoo poured freshly brewed coffee in four cups, as I walked towards Kitchen. There was something about her cooking at my place, something so intimate. I didn't know if she found it as significant as I did but when my arms circled around her belly in a back hug, awaiting reciprocation, she attempted to free herself saying, "Mahil! What're you doing?"

"Nothing. I thought we had unfinished business," Running my fingers through her hair, I turned those voluminous silky strands on one side, inhaling her sweet sandalwood scent mixed with my musky one. She smelt like me. Good lord, why did it make my heart swell with pride?

Kuhoo jumped at her place as I settled for the sinful arc between her neck and shoulder. My warm breaths touched that cold skin melting the strong resolve of this bewitching woman and her back collided against me. Her escalated breaths, rhythmic movements of the bouncy chest intoxicated me further. I placed a sensuous kiss on side of her neck and the way she moaned my name, I lost the last ounce of sanity, "Mahil."

I placed another kiss just beneath her earlobe making back of her head land on my chest. Tracing the lines of her collarbone, I was about to make her turn to be able to see the beautiful flush of those jovial cheeks when she stepped out of my embrace, "I'm getting late for the hospital."

"Can't you stay?" I tried to hold her again. But she didn't let me, rather shifted a little farther getting a tray for cups.

"Did you talk to Adi?" She asked arranging the hot cups meticulously.

Adi. Mention of that name spoiled my mood. Not my fault though, what kind of man would be happy to see his woman's ex-boyfriend at their doorstep?