6. Years of Survival pt. 2.

Ibrahim couldn't get over what the fortune teller had told him last time. Will his grandchild save the world? Is his destiny really just to be the grandfather of a hero, passing on the family curse to them, and not to be the one who breaks the curse? He thought she might know something about the family curse.

One day when his brothers called him to play football, he decided to secretly go back to the fortune teller.

-I'll skip it guys, I need to go to the library to gather material for an assignment.

Youssef and Rami just shrugged, knowing that ever since finding the clay vessel, Ibrahim liked going to the library and reading, especially about ancient Egypt.

When he entered the fortune teller's tent, she was already waiting for him in the semi-darkness.

-Welcome back, I was expecting you to return.

Ibrahim looked around, still unsure in front of the fortune teller.

-My name is Aisha - said the fortune teller, introducing herself officially. - And who are you, boy who prides himself on the pharaohs' bloodline?

-I'm Ibrahim - the boy replied, and then, without knowing how to explain why, he began telling her what his mother had told him about the family curse. The story was that they had a pharaoh ancestor who fought against a foreign people, and this stranger folk placed a curse on him and the entire family. This curse affected every firstborn child in the family.

Aisha listened attentively, then carefully took Ibrahim's hand. When she noticed the cross tattoo on Ibrahim's right wrist, she paused for a moment.

-I see you're a Christian boy. This complicates things - she said, then continued - but it doesn't make it impossible.

Ibrahim's tattoo is part of an ancient tradition in Middle Eastern Christian communities, especially in Egypt. These Christian communities, including the Copts, used this marking to distinguish themselves from the Muslim majority. They often had it tattooed on the right wrist, so it would be visible during daily interactions such as handshakes and writing. Traditionally, this tattoo is not a personal decision, but rather the parents have it done on their children, often at a very young age.

-Why complicate it? - asked Ibrahim

Aisha didn't reply, she just closed her eyes and tuned into Ibrahim's energy. After a short while, she let out a deep sigh.

-I feel... there is indeed a strong and otherworldly curse upon you. Your Christian faith may provide some protection against such types of curses, but it can also limit the tools with which we approach or neutralize it. Religions and beliefs often carry their own energies and fields of power, which can either strengthen or weaken each other. This is a very old and deep curse, difficult to break. Not impossible, but it will take time and perseverance.

-So, the stranger folk my mother spoke of really aren't from this planet?

Aisha looked at him, her gaze serious.

-Yes. Those your pharaoh ancestor fought against were not of this world. This may explain the strength and depth of the curse. And your mother's abduction was no coincidence. The extraterrestrials are likely studying your bloodline, for it is from your blood that the hero who will break the curse will be born.

-But why can't I be the one to break the curse? Why must I wait for a child who hasn't even been born yet?

-Because, Ibrahim, sometimes the greatest heroes are those who pave the way for others. Breaking the curse is not one person's deed. It is a process that spans generations. You yourself are a hero for taking on this burden, and passing on the knowledge, strength and faith needed for your family to finally be free from the curse. - Aisha explained in a calm but firm voice.

The Call of The Stars (a Kid vs Kat story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें