New college and new friend

Anya's POV:

So I am very very excited for first day in my university. Eventually not first day instead I better say my first day because I had taken a week off. Not my mistake, my flight at end moment because of some technical issue got cancelled and it was available after a week and a half  only practically I am living with my aunt because I had no place to stay at because I thought I would find place after coming here but the flight got cancelled.

I entered my new college and my jaw dropped. Man, this university is so huge. Thank God, I am good at my studies and got scholarship from this school and had to pay only 5 percent but 5 percent of this college is also the normal fees of any normal college. That's why only children's of very rich people comes here. If I say I was poor it was wrong but if I was poor after seeing these buildings then definitely it was more than right. I came from a very normal family. My father and my mother earns enough amount to feed us twice a day.

So I entered the college were expensive cars were coming in and out. Never had I ever seen these many expensive cars in a cars showroom. Only one thing came out of my mouth, Impressive. I came in the university were I saw not one, not two, not even three instead more than a dozen of buildings. I am done. God save me. I entered the first building were I saw a receptionist. There were no students there.

" Excuse me." I said politely.

" You are excused." She gave me one of the brightest smile. She was in her 30's I guess. She checked from head to toe. By the way wearing a Mickey mouse top and jeans weird. I don't guess so.

" Can you please help me find my  classes?"

" Of course dear." She started typing something on her computer. I saw she was wearing fake glasses. Is wearing fake glasses tread nowadays?

" Your eyes are pretty."

" Ahh.. what.. thank you." She gave me a confused look.

" I meant your eyes are beautiful, you should not wear fake glasses." She smiled.

" No doubt you got scholarship from this school." Suddenly I felt someone was hearing our conversation.

" Is someone hearing us?"

" Umm.. no."

" Then why you put a recorder under your desk."

" You are very smart." She took the recorder under her desk out and said," The dean of this school wanted to see how smart you are?"

" I guess this was the most weird way to find someone is smart or not?"

" You are still kid, dear. Sometimes only knowledge isn't enough, you have to face other problems also."

" Fitted in my mind." She smiled.

" Let me tell you some important things about this university. You will need a map for it until you learn where is what, there are like 30 buildings here. This is the first building, here is reception, professor cabin's and also the dean cabin. And not to forget the security room also. The cafeteria is in 15th building. Did you arranged a room for yourself?"

" Not right now."

" Good. Here are your keys, we are providing you a room but it is outside the university, I will text you the address, you will have your roommates also, treat them well. Have a nice day, sweetheart." And she gave me the map and the keys.

" Same to you. Hope we meet again."

" Ofcourse there will be more chances." I flashed her a smile and came out. God, am I really at a university or a fashion show. Girls here were wearing fitted dresses and mini skirts. No one wore something like me. That feels bad, now I guess why that receptionist first saw me like that. And man's here are breathtaking. I came in a wrong university, it's not even near my lifestyle. Everyone here is reflecting money, means girls have baked there face with makeup and I on the other side didn't even put lipstick, who cares I am only here for studing. After 15 minutes I saw there was another problem. I wasn't able to understand which building is first and which is second. They atleast should write numbers.

Then a man came near me, " Miss, may I help you." He looked cute and handsome at the same time. He was 6'1, I guess. I told you everyone here came from magazines.

" Please." Feeling very grateful.

" You are walking the wrong side. You should walk from there." And I face palmed myself.

" Thank you." Feeling embarassed.

" It's ok. I did the same mistake when I came the first day. By the way I am Prateek."

" I am Anya. And you are very sweet by the way." He blushed at my words. And then we both started walking at the right side and now I understand the fault was not of the university, it was of mine. They wrote numbers pretty clear.

" By the way, what is your first class?"

" Business management."

" Very unlucky of you, you have to go to last building."

" What?! That's sucks."

" No worry. We both are at the same boat, my first class is also business management."

" Wow, we could be friends."

" I thought we already became."

" Really, you want to be my friend out of all."

" Why not?"

" I thought you would be head over toes for those beautiful rich girls. And it would be disrespectful for you to be my friend."

" I am not head over toes for those beautiful rich girls just one night stands. And becoming your friend would not be disrespectful for me infact you are very cute. I would gain a new experience."

" Out of all the girls in this university, why would you like to become my friend?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

" Because I don't think you would be drooling over me like other girls. Finally I can also have a female friend."

" Not bad. I like your explanation, we are friends from now onwards."

" Deal done. I thought rich people would be arrogant and mean but you seem nice."

" Ofcourse, they are here. But not everybody." We entered the class and took the lecture and Prateek and I exchanged numbers. Prateek also offered me help and I took it.