Chapter 22--> The Hunter's Plans

I slowly woke up as light shines through the cave wall. I groaned a little as I slowly say up, my bones creaking and cracking. I sluggishly moved along the cave as I walked outside of it. A light breeze hit my skin as I shiver then realized that I was naked.

Oh crap! I quickly search for clothes in bushes, but see none as I groan.

'Des? Des, I need to shift. You don't have to be in control, but I don't like being naked... Des?' I pleaded to her as I was met with no response. I understood why... She was so broken because of what we saw that I can't believe she actually gave me strength yesterday.

'Ok.' She mutters as pain filled her voice. I shift to my wolf as my white paws grow brown from the mud. Hmm, must've rained last night. I ran fast, smiling a wolffish grin as the wind brushed through my fur. It was only mere seconds before my mind was filled with voices.

"Alpha?! Paige, where are you?!"

"Alpha! We need you! Come back to us!"

"Paige, this is Wayne. I don't know what your doing, but your pack needs you. Dustin's pack is threatening to attack ours if we do not open our boundaries to them. We need you back here." Wayne's voice said in an urgent voice. I thought I gave the beta position to Thomas... This must be something he's not able to fully understand yet.

I'll be there in 5 min. Prepare clothes, I will be in my wolf form." I replied as my body went into full overdrive.

I got to my packs boundary within only mere minutes as my wolf was growling the entire way.

'How could he threaten our pack?!' She did through gritted teeth. I agreed until a familiar smell came through the air... It was Jessica's. Suddenly my wolf took full control and I couldn't stop her. She barreled toward the scent.

'What the hell are you doing Des?! The pack is back that way! We don't have time to beat on this bitch." I yelled through our link as she growled.

'Something's wrong Paige... I can't future it out, but the pack can wait just a few more seconds.' She pleaded to me. I growled a little, but let her keep control as a small clearing was ahead. I found a small tube of clothing, luckily, and shifted back to my human form. The tube consisted of some basketball shorts and a women's tank top. Wow... How fortunate.

Des gave me control as I carefully snuck behind a fallen tree as voices came from the distance.

"I need confirmation now, mutt. Is the white wolf away from her packs or not?!" A male voice said angrily. I slowly peaked over the log, barely able to make out 5 figures in the distance. 4 male, 1 female... The that female was Jessica.

I strained my ears so I could catch their conversation better.

"Yes. After my little set-up with that dumb alpha, she ran off, crying like a baby. It was almost to easy." Jessica sneered as I had to bite my tongue to suppress a growl that tried to tear through my lips.

'It... It was a set-up?' Des said quietly in the back of our link. I was just as surprised as her as didn't take my eyes off the group. I smelled the air and scented two humans, probably hunters, and two rouges as well as Jessica. I squinted and finally saw on of the hunters... It was the man that shot me with an arrow.

Des was trying to break though my hold so she could rip their throats out, but I held back with all my might. If we were caught, there is no way we would be able to take on the rouges, plus Jessica, and including the hunters arrows.

Des started to pull my thoughts back to reality as I carefully tried to sneak away. My foot suddenly snapped a small twig under it as I cringed. Why do the damn twigs just magically appear under my foot at the worst possible time? They plot against me for my demise, I swear it!

"I think we have some company." One of the rouges chuckled. Suddenly, I was grabbed by my hair and thrown over the fallen tree. Damn! I should've known there were more.

I got up quickly as my eyes met with the hunter dudes.

"Well, what do we have here? An eavesdropper? Tsk tsk tsk, how naughty of you miss white wolf." The hunger sneered as Des let out a ferocious growl. He was taken aback by it and the rouges, even Jessica, lowered their heads a little.

"No need for that my dear. Let's just talk like civilized people okay?" He chuckled as he regained composure. I staying in a fighting stance and glared at him. There is no flippin' way this dude is anywhere near civilized.

"What do you want with me?" I questioned and a short and annoyed tone. The, now 3, rouges started laughing as I shot them glares that shut them up.

"Well, at first, we only wanted your fur. It is the werewolf communities demise, but, there was a catch to it. If we killed you, your body would just return to human form, and if we shaved it off, it would be useless without having the hide." The hunter continued as I cringed. Jeez, this guy did his research all right.

"But, when we found out your abilities from Jessica here, we realized something new. You are the key to true strength and power. With just your voice, you earn high respect and commands over the werewolf population, and not to mention your strength, smarts, and agility. With all these combined, you make the perfect super soldier... and so will your offspring." He said in a deadly tone. I shivered in disgust at every word. He wanted to use my children to make an army of super werewolves and take over the population.

"I'll never let that happen. No matter what you do to me, I will never become your personal baby super soldier maker." I said as venom laced every word. The hunter dude, really need to figure out his name, just chuckled and shook his head.

"Who said it was a question?" He laughed as the rouges suddenly started closing in. I clenched my fists as Des legit another growl. I suddenly opened my mind link with Dustin.

'Dustin! am being attacked by hunters and rouges. Jessica is with them and they know everything. Get the pack safe, they are preparing for war!' I yelled through the link as he didn't give a response. Suddenly, a beastly howl penetrated the air along with hundreds of others. I smiled at the response as the rouges and hunters looked uneasy.

An arrow whizzed by my head as I narrowly jumped away. A growl erupted from Jessica's throat as she shifted to her muddy brown wolf. The rouges shifted to theirs as well as the hunters suddenly disappeared.

'Cowards.' Des said angrily as I sifted to my pure white wolf.

'How about we teach these bastards and bitch a lesson, not to mess with us." I said as Des laughed.

'Lets do this.' She agreed as I did a wolffish grin.

These suckers are going down!

-So Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I would've updated two days ago, but I lost all wifi at my house and just got it back today. It had been brutal to not have Netflix. Oh the horror!

Anywaz, hoped you enjoyed and I will try to get the next chapter up and going soon so you won't have to wait until Paige kicks their asses! Hell ya!

Peace out homies!

M.H.