Chapter 26--> The Mate

Paige's POV
Its been a week since I made up with my dad. I was in the training room, showing some pack members some new fighting moves as Ethan was my dummy.

I did and aerial kick and landed it right in the center of his chest before he could block it as he slid back. He grunted as some others laughed.

"Why do I have to be your punching bag? Why can't you get your loving mate to do it?" He whined as Dustin chuckled and walked up from behind me, engulfing me in a hug.

"Because I actually want kids one day." He said as I went beat red. I quickly grabbed his arm and flipped him over my shoulder so he landed on his back. He made a large grunting noise and moaned as I smirked and walked over to the others wolves standing there.

"Training is over for today. Same time tomorrow." I said as they dismissed themselves. I walked back over to Dustin and Ethan as Ethan was pulling Dustin off the ground.

"Next time, be prepared." I said in a sly voice as Dustin scoffed.

"I could beat you easily. Just cause you're the white wolf doesn't mean I can't take you down." Dustin mumbled as I scoffed and laughed.

"I'd like to see you try." I challenged as he smirked and nodded. We both got in fighting stances as he slowly approached me. He jumped as I smirked and took our size difference to my advantage as I sidestepped it. He immediately swung his arm and got my gut, wrenching my body to the ground.

He fell on top of me as I struggled under his weight. He smirked and looked me in the eyes as he held me down tightly. An idea popped in my mind as I leaned up and kissed him, catching him off guard. He kissed back until I flipped us and jumped up, preparing for his attack again.

"What... No fair!" He said and got up as I smiled sweetly.

"Hey, it's a street fight. There are no rules." I say happily as he grumbles some curse words. I laugh a little until suddenly my blood runs cold. As if on que, the door slams open as Ethan, Leo, and Thomas run into the room.

"Alpha Paige, alpha Dustin... We've been attacked." Thomas says as two other guards bring in a wounded guy. I kneel down and inspect his wounds, finding nothing to be fatal.

"They attacked the pack house... They... They have Maya..." He choked out as he went unconscious.

It was only milliseconds before I was already shifted and running into the forest, avoiding Dustin's protests.

I found her scent instantly as it was mixed with several rouge scents as I sprinted in that direction. I found a small clearing as Maya came into view, although I stopped and crept closer, not losing my surprise attack.

I saw 3 men and a girl as the girl stood seething in rage, looking at one of the men and giving him a deadly glare.

"I'm done! I didn't sign up for this shit!" A girl yelled at one of the guys as two others held Maya as she cried. My blood boiled, but I stayed still as I listened closer. I took in the woman's features as I noticed her ice blue eyes and long blonde hair. What surprised me though was that she looked about my age.

"Tammy, for gods sake. We don't wanna have to kill you. It's just a dumb little girl! She gives us leverage against the white wolf." One guy said as I glared at him. Maya swung her legs at them, but missed as the two holding her, pulled her back.

"I don't care! I'm not gonna kill an innocent little girl! I'll take that to my grave!" The Tammy girl yelled as she jumped at one of the men holding Maya. They tussled around as the other guy tried to rip her off the man, but failed as a sickening crunch sounded through the air. Maya cried even more as the man Tammy was holding, fell dead to the ground.

I took this time to jump in as my wolf as Tammy was tackled by the bigger man as I attacked the man holding Maya. He dropped her instantly as I bit into his shoulder as he yelped in pain.

I saw the Tammy chick on the ground as the man was choking her until I was able to push him off her. He looked frightened at me as he got up and ran off as did the other man as I growled, but instantly ran to Maya.

She quickly brought me into a hug as I hugged her back in my wolf form, suddenly realizing there was another girls presence that was in a coughing fit. I looked and happily saw a tube of extra clothes near a tree and shifted, putting on some baggy sweats and tank top also tying my brown hair into a bun.

I walked over to the Tammy chic as she kept coughing. I saw a large flesh wound on arm as I saw a small knife next to her. I immediately got down and gave her a sweatshirt Maya gave me from another tube of clothes. Damn... my pack is good at putting these things on the right places.

She looked up and started to close her eyes as I tore part of my shirt and cleaned it. I tried keeping her awake as her breathes calmed down and she stopped coughing.

Large growls sounded throughout the air as Dustin's, Ethan's, and Leo's wolves came into view. I glared at them as they immediately shut up.

"We need to get her to the pack Doctor. Now!" I yell as the guys wolf heads nod. I drag Tammy and put her on Ethan's back as I myself shift and motion Maya onto mine. We take off for the pack house as I was the lead erg Dustin.

A large yelp sounds throughout the air as I look back and see Jace's wolf smashing in Ethan's wolf, making Tammy roll off. Jace growled and bared teeth at Ethan looked pissed.

'What the hell are you doing Jace?!' I yell through the link as my wolf senses something was off. I freeze as Jace's voice fills the link.

'Mate.'

~~~~~~
Okay I know you all probably hate me right now, and I am so sorry. Truthfully, besides an Internet problem at my house and the fact my computer died(may it soul rest in piece) I just haven't been able to think up a good chapter for the book. But I'm back and ready to keep posting. Btw, this is a little late but...

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

M.H.