Chapter Thirty Five

So I'm hoping for a few more comments to show that people are still reading. *pleady eyes*
Thank you to everyone on FictionPress who are reading and happily commenting, but on Wattpad it seems like I'm now getting one comment every few chapters :( I'm so thankful to anyone who reads this, but I want to know that you are reading it and liking it! Just a simple comment saying, "Cool." Or "Lothaire's a dick" will be greatly appreciated and put my mind at ease!

Acorn shut the door with his foot, maintaining eye contact with me as he did so. "I want to fix what we lost," he whispered. He tugged on my shirt and pulled me over to the bed. He was about to nudge me onto it but I grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"No."

His eyes widened in surprise, but he dropped his hands. "I'm sorry. I won't force you."

I was confused for a moment before I let out a small chuckle, "I'm not saying no because I don't want you. I'm saying no because of my back. And no because I'm still bonded to Lothaire. When I'm with you, I'll be thinking about him."

Acorn nodded in understanding, "I should have thought about that."

"It's okay," I murmured. "I just need to get through the rest of this day and you can do whatever you want to me."

"Is that a promise?" he grinned.

I knew I had just dug myself into a hole but I had to smile back. "I promise."

"Then we'd better get going," he chuckled softly. He took my hand and opened the door again. "Which way?"

"I agree with you. We should check on your mother," I said, pulling out a knife into my free hand so I wouldn't be caught by surprise.

We went down the hallway quietly, keeping our eyes peeled for even a hint of movement in the area. We tried to step lightly, but I was so fatigued and I swear my steps were echoing throughout the entire Kingdom. At points I'd have to shake my head to clear it because it felt so foggy.

Acorn pretty much led me the entire way to his mother's room. To be fair, I had only been there once and it had been a rather embarrassing moment that I never wanted to think about again.

I looked up at Acorn, "Do you think Par will be in there too?"

Acorn nodded, "He might be. Either protecting my mother or trying to kill her."

We went to the door and stood on either side of it, trying to listen in on what was happening. We frowned at one another as we heard grunts and groans coming from within the room.

Acorn put three fingers up and put them down as he counted for three seconds and we both burst into the room, weapons raised. It wasn't the best tactical plan, but me being tired and Acorn trying to save a family member left room for a lot to be desired.

We got into the room and Acorn nearly threw up at what he saw. His face actually went green and he had to look away.

"Lothaire!" I cried out angrily, watching him and the Queen in the bed together. Horror coursed through me as I watched them together.

Lothaire turned his head lazily and made eye contact, not slowing down on his rapid hip thrusting. The Queen was oblivious, moaning loudly.

I broke eye contact and glanced at the other figure in the room. Scarlet, the creepy servant of Queen Esmeralda. She looked terrified, her skin whiter than usual, making her red hair look like a wound that ran down her naked body. She was always so vague and...out of it. It was surprising to see an emotion on her face.

I heard a loud hiss and I winced, knowing Lothaire had 'finished'. I didn't want to think of it as anything else because it made my heart hurt. Everything in me wanted to look at him and beg him to finish in me instead, but I stayed as silent as I possibly could.

When all was quiet I finally looked over at the two of them. The Queen had sat up and Scarlet was now brushing the woman's hair, although her hand was shaking quite obviously.

"What are you doing here?" she asked us in a snotty tone.

"What are we-?" Acorn stared at her in outrage. "We thought the demons were going to kill you!"

"Well they're not," she shrugged. She didn't seem to care that she was naked in front of her son, but Acorn did. He looked anywhere else in the room but her.

I met Lothaire's eyes and I knew he could see the hurt in them. He grinned slowly before sliding off the bed, still semi-erect. "Did you want to join us?" he asked me, with a devilish glint in his eyes.

"No," I snapped, anger flooding me as I gazed into his serpent-like eyes.

"Why are you so mad?" he reached out and touched my cheek. "You're the one who came in here smelling of demon blood."

"Demon blood?" The Queen asked, her shrewd eyes looking over me before looking at Acorn and his weapons. "What have you done?"

"I killed a demon," he glared at her. "That's the difference between you and me. I kill demons, and you fuck them."

Lothaire glanced over at him, "How do you know you're not half demon? You shouldn't throw stones."

I rolled my eyes, "He's obviously not half demon."

"And how do you know?"

"Because he's not evil," I muttered without thinking. I gulped suddenly, realising my words, and looked at Lothaire to see his face darken with annoyance.

"Incent, take our not-evil Prince hostage for me."

I wanted to say no. I really did. But my body moved on its own. I wanted to make it up to him, after what I had said, and this felt like the best way to do it. Taking Acorn by surprise, I knocked the sword out of his hand and grabbed him in a hold that he wouldn't be able to escape without severely injuring himself.

"Incent, what are you doing?" He cried out as his hair fell into his eyes, obscuring his view of the room. A touch of guilt struck me, but I ignored it. I looked over at Lothaire and smiled at the pride I saw in them.

"You're such a good boy," the demon murmured. He reached out as if about to touch my cheek but pulled away abruptly. He looked at the Queen in disdain, "Your son is dead. They killed him."

The Queen gasped dramatically on her bed, pushing Scarlet's arm away. "How do you know?"

"I can smell his blood. That's too bad," he shrugged. "All that hard work to get him out of the ground and reborn was such a waste of time."

"Do it again!" she shrieked. "Bring my son back!"

Lothaire laughed, a high pitched giggle that seemed to chill me to the bone. "You can't bring someone back twice. Look what happened the first time! And you couldn't even control him!"

"Control him?" Acorn murmured, trying to look up at the two of them. "What does he mean? What did you do?"

The demon knelt in front of him and smirked. "Well, little boy, your mother brought your brother back to life using his remains."

Acorn shook his head. "We burn our bodies here. There were no remains."

Lothaire shook his head. "Do you really think that your mother got rid of him without securing a piece of his body beforehand? Tut tut, you underestimate your mother by miles."

So, just a question to hopefully get a few comments if you don't know what to write. Like I said, 'cool' or 'Lothaire's a dick' are also great, but a question to get the ball rolling might be better for some people so, I ask, who is your favourite character from this scene? :3

See you in the next chapter!! <3

^H@T&2