Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Guess whoever named this shit-hole “Point Bright” didn’t see what I was seeing. We just arrived at our “new home”, which turns out to be just like any other trailer park, hey don’t get me wrong this is much better than living outta your car. There’s a bunch of small houses, more like trailers, all around. Just behind the houses and surrounding us is a wooded area, the town we passed on the way here was tiny, “wonder what these people do around here for fun” I think to myself as I look around the trailer park.

The two years since dads death has been a nightmare , I thought it would get better...that mom would somehow see that I also lost someone , it felt like I was alone that I didn’t only lose my father but my mother as well. Mom started taking the drugs to deal with the depression of losing daddy, I don’t even know what she’s taking anymore - she’s moved on from taken pain killers to cocaine , I accidentally walked in on her snorting it in the bathroom , she was too drugged up to even notice I caught her . I’ve done everything - I’ve tried yelling and telling her how I need her but it always ends up the same way , her telling me that she has nothing to live for and that I should just be happy that she’s still around. Yeah that hurt like a bitch , but I was done crying , I cried all I could the day daddy died , it felt better when I cut off all my emotions – yeah my friends say that I shouldn’t keep everything bottled up inside but its better this way , I don’t feel the hurtful things my mother says when she’s high or when I think about daddy , I can’t , I don’t feel much anymore therefore I don’t cry anymore - the day daddy died was the last time I let my emotions show. I don’t know why mom doesn’t see that she has me to live for! Doesn’t she see that I’m still around? That I need her! She’s not the only one that lost him, I lost him too!

I don’t know this person she has become, since she started with the drugs she’s been acting like she’s my age, cussing and wearing these slutty clothes that barely cover anything- she has the perfect body but she’s attracting attention from the wrong guys. I think she tries to see other guys just to forget about dad, but nothing can compare to her prince charming, none of these low lives could ever live up to my father, why can’t she see this and stop wasting her time?

______________________________________________________________

“Lexi get your ass off the car and help unpack!” she shouts from the front door of our new home.

“I’m on my way Georgina! Gosh can you give me 5 minutes to stretch my legs!” mother hates it when I call her by her first name, but I told her the morning after the night when her first “boyfriend” came for a “sleep over” that if she wasn’t gonna act like my mother then I wasn’t gonna call her one.

“Lexi ! you seriously need to stop that shit, it’s really starting to piss me off, for fuck sakes give it a rest!” mom yells coming outside to get another full bag from our car.

“yeah yeah” I say jumping off front of the car and putting my Ipod in my back pocket, I should probably help, not that we have much to move in but whatever right.

Walking into the trailer, first thing I notice is the shit green colour wall paper, I pray to God that this doesn’t cover all the walls. Walking through the open plan kitchen and lounge area I go down the passage I see two doors on my right and at the end of the passage is another door. Opening the first door I see the bathroom, “Gross...holy shit” I mutter looking at the state of the bathroom, it’s not like I have OCD or anything it’s just that I like my shit clean and organized ,” I’m gonna have to scrub that bathroom down, that’s for sure”.

Walking and opening the next door, I spot my soon to be room, moms already put my box of frames and ornaments on the bed. Walking to the bed I sit down on the side facing the big window and look around my new room. It’s actually rather large, I have a double bed with two small white bedside tables on each side, obviously the furniture is worn and dusty but it’s perfect for me . I open the box and look at the frames of my friends and I.