Chapter 9

Chapter 9

We eventually get back to my house, unloading all the groceries we bought onto the Kitchen table, Rachel, Mark, Chloe and Jax should be here soon. I hear my phone in my pocket alerting me of a message;

JAX : Lexi, not going to be able to make it tonight, I forgot I had other important plans. Sorry.

I don’t even bother replying, I just don’t know what to say to him? Why did he have to say “other important plans” so does that mean that this is not important? Well at least he texted me to say he wasn’t coming I guess... don’t know why I’m so sad? The way he shouted at me, with all that anger, when we were at school was probably the most frightened I have been in a long time, I think that scared me more than how I felt when Greg manhandled me at the bar.

“Lexi? What’s wrong?” Ronny comes up to me, looking at my phone.

“Um…Jax isn’t going to be able to make it, he’s got…err…. other plans or something.” I say trying to shrug it off like it doesn’t bother me, but Ronny knows me a little too well.

“Don’t be upset Hun , it’s his loss… and he’s going to be jealous when all of us are chatting about how much fun we had, C’mon the rest of the gang have just arrived , “ she says pulling my arm.

“Wait, Ron? Do you think he’s angry with me for what happened today? You know with me chirping Chelsea?" as i say this i realise that that probably is the case , "oh gosh! He is! That’s why he yelled at me demanding to know what happened right? I should probably apologise for threatening Chelsea…” I say rattling off feeling bad, hoping I didn’t cause problems between Jax and Chelsea.

“Alexia what the hell? You weren’t in the wrong , she’s been hassling you all week and passing comments , you needed to stand up for yourself so that she would stop with her bitchiness towards you. I’m damn proud of you for doing just that! I swear I was trying hard to keep myself from beating her ass for you but I had a feeling you were close to sorting that bitch out.“ She says shaking me;literally trying to knock some sense into me.

‘okay okay” I say putting my hands up in defeat.

It was starting to get dark outside; we were all sitting on the patio eating our pizza, while Ronny filled the other three in on what happened with Chelsea. They were shocked, I mean I know I’m small and I’m the smallest of our whole gang – they're all quite taller than me.

Chloe is just a little taller than me and she warned me the first day of school how she was the butt of all the short people jokes, she also told me how happy she was that I joined their group. Anyways, once they got over the initial shock, I was cheered on and appraised with pats on my back.

We finally all settled in the lounge to put the DVDs on, of course Ronny wanted to watch a scary movie so she got Silent Hill: Revelation” , I argued with her the hole way home explaining how scared I get but Drake just chuckled saying that he would keep me safe from the big baddies.

Getting the DVD in the player , I turn to see where everyone is seated .Chloe is snuggled up to Ron on the big one seater couch both fitting perfectly, Rachel is sitting with Marks head on her lap , while he lies on the one side of the corner couch . On the other part of the corner couch is Drake, he pats the space next to him informing me where to sit. I sit next to him and he puts his arm around me shoulders and pulls me into him so that I’m cuddled on the side of him, fitting comfortably and perfectly.

I hardly watched any of the movie, I was so scared I had my legs folded to my side leaning against Drake with one of the cushions in front of my face peeking over it every now and then to see what happened when the others grasped when something exciting happened in the movie. Drake just chucked and basically narrated the movie for me while I watched him from behind my pillow -watching  his expression as he was watching the movie , every now and then he would catch me looking at him and he’d smile then squeeze me.