1

I slid my body over to the bar stool and ordered a tequila shot

I slid my body over to the bar stool and ordered a tequila shot. My head was pounding from the loud music. I looked over my shoulder, twisting my body a little as my eyes wandered around, looking for my crazy friend. My eyes finally landed on her wild bright green hair. She was in the dead centre of the floor, dancing with a girl. The bartender slammed the shot in front of me, making me snap back to look straight. I muttered a thanks and gulped it down.

"Bad night huh?" The bartender asked casually.

I smiled at him and said "Might as well be the worst night of my life".

He smiled at me and said "Well, you need to get laid".

I choked on my drink and started laughing hysterically "Oh come on Mike, you know me better than that. I'm not really into one night stands especially with English men ''.

Mike, the bartender and I have been friends since the first time I came to his bar three years ago. I moved to England to pursue my dream, more like my parent's dreams and the process has been challenging on my mentality, and I somehow ended up in this bar 3 years ago and drank a lot. When I say a lot, I mean like A LOT.

Apparently, I stood on a table and danced and then gave some random guy a lap dance. Mike helped me that night, drove me to my apartment safely, and since that day he has been like a brother to me.

"Look at Gianina over there having the time of her life" he pointed at my green-haired friend.

"Well, now you and I both know what's gonna happen tomorrow morning".

He chuckled, clearly amused and left to serve another customer. I leaned back on the chair and crossed my legs, thinking about the conversation I'd just had with my dad.

"Scotch" a rough voice ordered from beside me, making me look to my right. There, three seats down from where I am, a man sat atop another barstool. I eyed his side profile and felt a punch in my gut.

'He seems ridiculously familiar. Where have I seen him before?' I thought to myself.

He turned to look in my direction and as his dark eyes locked onto mine for a second, I immediately turned my face and tried hard to focus on my drink. I couldn't help but take a glance into my right again, and he was still looking at me with a frown on his face.

"You are Evelina, Mark's daughter, aren't you?" He asked and my hands fisted the hem of my dress. I grabbed the glass of water and took a sip before giving a small nod.

"And you are?"

He chuckled "you don't recognise me?"

"You look familiar, but no I don't know who you are".

He got on his feet and took long, slow steps towards me. He sat next to me, looked at me straight in my eyes and said, "I'm Jack Enderson. I was your neighbour in LA".