31

If you had told me a year ago that I would be celebrating my 24th birthday with my husband in a charity event

If you had told me a year ago that I would be celebrating my 24th birthday with my husband in a charity event. I would have laughed my ass off at the ridiculousness of it, but here I am getting ready to attend a charity event.

Earlier this morning when I woke up, Helena surprised me with cinnamon rolls and she topped it with a candle. She and Peter sang me happy birthday and I hugged them both and thanked them for their kind gesture. My mom called me and wished me a happy birthday and said that she and dad have sent a gift and it would arrive in a day or so.

Helena zips up my white dress. It looks even better than the sketch I made. It's an off shoulder long dress with a very high slit on the right side. On each side of slit there was a trail of moissanite light blue diamond. I had my hair down curled at the end with a sleek middle part.

"You look absolutely stunning" Helena compliments holding her hand to her chest. I smile at her "Thank you Helena".

"Are you going to wear a necklace?".

I have thought about wearing one of the necklaces Devon got me when we went to have dinner at the Heartstrong's mansion. However, Gianina said that it will grasp the attention to it more than the dress and I want to show off my dress.

"No, I'll stick to my engagement ring and the blue diamond earrings" I answer her as I grab the earring box and start to put it on. Heavy footsteps approach my room and I smile knowing that it's him.

He knocks the door and Helena opens it and tells him to come in and then excuses herself and leaves. Devon stands at the door, his blue eyes scans me from head to toe taking in my look for a minute.

I appreciate his outfit, he is wearing a perfectly fitted black suit and a black crisp shirt. His black jet hair is messy, loose waves on top hanging over his gorgeous face. And his lip. God his lips are a perfect shade of come fuck me. My mouth goes dry at the sight of this man.

Damn, I've never seen a man wear a black suit so well.

He then finally breaks the silence by saying "How about we ditch the event and let me peel this dress off of you?".

"You like it?" I twirl for him almost losing my balance doing so. I swear I can see his eyes twinkling as he approaches me placing his hands on my waist "I fucking love it, you should've worn this for our wedding".

I sneak my arms around his neck and say as I bite my lower lip "I just came up with this design, I could wear it again for our wedding anniversary".

He shakes his head while his hands moves from my waist to my chin, his thumb traces my lower lip "For our anniversary, I want you in the white lingerie you bought yesterday".

I swallow hard as I watch his gaze darkens, I whisper "I have it on right now" he throws his head back groaning "Fuck, Eve you can't tell me these stuff before going out".