•• 03 ••

• • • S A R A H • • •

I had a strange feeling in my gut as I entered Dr. Scofield's home for the second time -- the feeling that says something bad is going to happen.

The whole week, all I had been thinking of was that I had seen someone, and of course, the main subject of my imagination were dark blue eyes that had somehow outdone everything I had ever seen in life -- the fact being that I had never seen anything.

Dad told me yesterday that Dr. Scofield lived with his wife and his only son who had been out on a trip. I just inquired about him indirectly as I was too curious.

While Dr. Scofield examined my eyes, I could feel he didn't check the way the other eye specialists do. He didn't have anything to comment about my eyes, or something he said he couldn't understand. He just examined them, calmly and silently.

After he was done, he had to talk to dad about something in private. So I had to spend time with his wife.

As she excused herself off to bring me something to eat and I sat there for a few minutes, carrying on with my instinct of over thinking, when I heard someone coming towards the room. I ignored the feeling by assuming that it must be Mrs. Scofield.

The door swung open and the one entering stopped for a second. I looked up.

And something deep inside me made me think that if I look up, I would be able to see something special. Something, that was about to turn my life upside down. Something, that was going to give me what I don't have, or what I have lost.

Something, or someone.

And as I did, in front of me were the same blue eyes.

The silence was so loud, I could easily hear his heartbeat. And the best part was, our hearts were beating together.

It was no one other than him, the first creature I had seen in my life. The first person whose eyes met mine.

Between us, at first, was silence. I kept pretending that I didn't see anything.

Soon, he left the room.

But then, he returned after about the quarter of an hour.

The silence did not break, until suddenly, I heard all the windows in the room shatter.

How come my hearing sense did not activate a little earlier?

He grabbed my hand and pulled me up as I stood, and as his hand brushed against mine, my heart seemed to be put on fire.

And it wasn't long after that, that I heard some people enter the room.

What?

The next moment, he started dragging me behind him. "Hey, what's going on." I asked as he sprinted.

"What's happening? Leave my hand." I cried.

No response.

What on earth was happening?

"Hey, what happened?" My mouth opened again but it felt like he had lost his ears.

We still kept running and I repeated my question a several times but running was so important for him that he didn't care for this poor blind girl.

"What happened? What's wrong?"

"Those people, they were about to kill you!" Finally, he replied between his breaths.

"But why?"

"I don't know," it seemed more like he didn't have time to answer my questions.

I could feel a certain group of people running after us. And the sound of shooting guns indicated that they had rifles in their hands.

He didn't let go of my hand either. We ran until he looked back to see whether those people had gone or not.

They had vanished because I couldn't hear or feel anyone else around.

So we slowed down our pace and ended up finding ourselves in a forest, I think. I felt the breeze and heard the rustling of the leaves.

He left my hand and bent with his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. We both had lost our breath and were breathing as if we hadn't breathed since days.

"Where *breath* the hell *breath* are we? *breath*" I asked, panting and worried.

"I don't know," he replied.

"What? Are you alright! You brought me here, you should know. Be quick! What will our parents be thinking? They'll be so worried. You have to take me back! In any condition." I was mad at him.

"Well excuse me ma'am! Instead of getting mad at me, you should say thanks. I saved your life from those people."

Saved my life? For what?

"And why did you save my life?"

And soon I realized my mistake. I was showing him expressions, looking straight at him as if I can see him.

And I think that's the reason that he was about to open his mouth to say something and then, he shut it back, as if some realization had hit him.

He narrowed his eyes.

"Hey! Before this that I get stuck in more ambiguities, you are blind, but answer me honestly, how the hell can you see me?"

This was going to be a bad day.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: So I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Must give your feedback, please and don't forget to vote.