•• 16 ••

I didn't know if he'll come or not.

Maybe he won't.

He had hurt me. Was that not enough for his revenge?

But still, the situation was enough ambiguous. I could easily hear the conversations carried by my Mom and Dad privately in their room. And as far as I remember, none of them had yet contained anything related to a girl sentenced to death. This meant that even my Mom didn't know about it.

It was late night and I couldn't sleep due to all these thoughts.

I couldn't even sleep the previous night—yesterday, when Ashley told me all of the stuff.

She must have been to school today and would have told him. I wondered how will he react to it. He must be angry at Ashley for not minding her own business.

At least, that's how his personality was, as far as I knew him.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the sound of the window of my room move.

I thought it must be the wind, so I didn't bother getting up and closing it. Yes, I couldn't see it but I had lived in this room for the whole sixteen years of my existence. How come I couldn't know this room so well?

I closed my eyes, trying to sleep but the sound of the window made me open then again.

And how mesmerized I was by the scene in front of me.

He had come.

He came for me.

There he was, staring at me with those deep blue eyes.

I involuntarily sat up, and threw away the blanket.

"You asked me to come?" he asked.

"I did," I said, monotone.

"For what?" he did not sound like the Trevor I met two days ago. Rather, like the one I had met three months ago.

Cold and brutal.

"You kidnapped me because of that girl? The one who was sentenced to death for a murder?" I asked.

Ashley had not told me the girl's name and I regretted now for not asking her.

Trevor's eyes widened, as if surprised by what I had just said.

"How do you know?" he asked, after a long silence.

"Why didn't you kill me?" I asked a little louder, questioning back, instead of answering his.

"I couldn't," he said, lowering his gaze, as if it had come out involuntarily.

"Why?" I asked, suspiciously.

His eyes came back to my face at my question. He started staring at me deeply, inviting the very random butterflies to my stomach.

"Ashley told you?" he asked.

"Yes. Now tell me why didn't you kill me? Why didn't you just finish all of this? Why didn't you-"

"Ashley only knows half of the story," he cut me off, his voice raising. "The part about Rebecca, only. Not the rest of it, okay! Not the part about you and me. So the information she gave you is not worth asking me why didn't I kill you."

Rebecca. That was her name.

"Ashley knows about you and me. I told her." I said.

"Not that part," he said. "That does not even count. You don't know what had been going around with and between you and me when you couldn't even speak properly. We both were too young. So, you don't know a lot of things, Sarah. You better leave taking any information from Ashley."

I hope our parents couldn't hear this. They were asleep and I didn't want them to find out that Trevor was here.

"What? I don't know what?" I asked.

"You will one day," he said, getting up and moving towards the window.

"Hey, listen. Where are you-"

And then, he had left.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: You know what just happened? My tests got postponed to 16th August, which means I will be frequently updating for the upcoming few days. (:

Don't forget to vote 🌟 and comment.