•• 04 ••

As startled as I was with whatever was happening, I was also completely dumbstruck at the sudden question.

"N-No! You must know, I'm blind." I could hardly hold back my nervousness.

I continued pretending looking somewhere else and talking to him.

And I knew already that I was a loser at lying.

"Don't lie and stop pretending. You were fine," He said. "Yet."

He was looking at me, with a frown plastered on his face.

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. For I knew, he would easily catch my lie.

"Say it," he raised an eyebrow.

And as he started heading closer, I had no idea what I should so. And contrary to my willing, my face turned pale.

"Y-y-Yes! I can see you, okay?" I blurted out. "Since the day we met in lawn, I could see you. And I just have no idea how this became possible, but you are the only thing I can see."

His eyes widened as I answered, and his brows creased, as if he was trying to understand whatever I was saying.

"Have you ever seen yourself?" He asked.

What kind of a question is that?

Seeing that I couldn't lie anymore, he took his chance but this time, his tone was softer than usual.

"What?" Not finding some words to reply, I shot a question back at him.

"I asked, DID. YOU. EVER. SEE. YOURSELF?" He said, loudly.

"Hey, watch it. I'm blind, not deaf!" I really couldn't answer so I just tried to change the subject.

"Answer what I asked."

"Any concerns?" I folded my arms and shrugged, probably not willing to answer.

He rolled his eyes as if he wants to say "were you born stupid or does it come naturally." Good thing he didn't say it out loud.

Anyhow, I think if he wanted to say it, he would be right. I've been acting and talking stupid in front of him.

"Now are you planning to take me back home or you wanna have a sleepover with the monkeys?" I asked in monotone.

"We're heading back." He turned around and signalled me to follow him.

"Just wait!" I stopped him. "Why did you save me?"

"Whoa! How can you expect an answer from me after denying my question?"

I bet this guy is insane!

"Your question was useless. It had nothing to do with you-"

"It did," he cut me off.

The conversation was being carried on as we started walking.

I could walk without taking help here, by following his back.

"How come?"

"That why you can see me? If you really had to see someone, then why not yourself, or your parents. Why did it have to be no one else but me-" He stopped in mid-sentence. "Wait, are you even blind?"

"Is that the reason why you dragged me out of your house and into this jungle?"

"No! Those people were about to kill you. That's why I dragged you out of the room. You were in trouble."

I hoped this was the answer to my question.

"By the way, what's your name?" He asked as we continued walking.