3.

Carter's POV

I slam my hands over my desk. These two, idiots in front of me just decided to fuck up my day, or as I like to call them Thing one and Thing two. And it was going better than usual. Its a Friday afternoon around five.

"What do you mean, you don't have my money?" I bark.

"Y-you s-see uhmm Mr Adams our gangleader doesn't have your money..." say Thing one fiddling with his thumbs.

I'm out of my seat holding him against the wall by his neck in seconds. No one messes with me. I don't give a damn who you are. There goes my decent mood.

"What do you mean he doesn't have my money?" I scream in his face.

Thing one looks like his about to pee himself. Making me smirk internally of course. Keeping my business face on. Showing no signs of emotion other than anger and clear annoyance.

"What he means is that our leader is working on getting your cash. He doesn't have the full amount yet. His working on getting it. He just needs more time."

I turn my head to Thing two who decided to talk up now. My hold on Thing one tightens making him claw his hands at mine. Trying to get some air into his lungs. Which I deprived of air.

I drop him on the floor and turn my full attention to Thing two. Though I hear him gasping for air on the floor I got a glance at him again. I'm getting more pissed by the second. Don't these jackasses know not to mess with me by now.

I stride over to Thing two. Until I'm right up in his face. I see him visibly stiffen at our close proximity and gulp.

"Tell, Ethan that if I don't have my money by Monday then he can expect a visit from me personally. I don't like it when people disobey me. Regardless of who or what they are. Am I clear!" I seethe out gripping his clothes.

He gulps and his lip quivers. He nods.

"Say it!"

"Y-yes it's clear, Mr Adams."

"Good now both of you out of my office. Don't step foot into my gang territory again unless you have my money!"

I don't give them a second glance and walk over to my desk. I sit down and when I look up again I'm met with an empty office. Those fuckers probably ran out of here faster than ever.

I stand up and pace my office pulling at my hair trying to calm down slightly. Ethan the leader of the Snakes was supposed to pay me today.

About a month ago we made a deal. A drug deal. I sell him drugs and he was supposed to pay be today. Otherwise there will be problems.

He knows the deal. And he knows I'm not someone you want to mess with. He leant that the hard way when I beat the crap out of him. You'd think that dumbass would learn from that. I guess not.

I decide I needed something to help me get all gang related stuff off of my mind. So I picked up my black leather jacket and hung it over my shoulder. As I'm walking out my best friend and second in command walks in, Aiden.

"You on your way out?"

I nod.

"Going out to a club, need to get laid so that I can forget about those two idiots who where just in here."

Aiden laughs. He knows Thing one and two are annoying as hell. I once made him deal with them he had a hissy fit and begged me to never ever leave him alone with them again.

"I'm coming with."

I nod. Knowing complaining with him is useless. He probably also wants to get laid tonight.

The two of us walk out of the gang house. Yes we have a gang house. It's our base. And any members who no longer want to live at home are welcomed to live here. Some members live here with their girlfriends.

Some female members live here with their boyfriends too. But only like one couple because both of them are in the gang.

We get into our separate cars and drive off to the club.

•••

As soon as Aiden and I walk into the club, girls start throwing themselves at us. It's actually pathetic. What whores. They're only good for one thing, one night stands.

The two of us walk over to the bar and have a couple of shots. Then a whore walks up to me running her long fake nails up my arm.

"Wanna go somewhere more private?" she asks whispering in my ear.

I cringe, she's got an annoying squeaky voice, because she's trying to be seductive. I stand up from my seat and nod. I hear her six inch heals trailing behind me.

Once we've exited the club I walk to my car, not bothering to even open the door for the slut. I'm only using her to fill my needs to get laid.

As soon as she gets into the car I speed off to a hotel, no fucking way was I showing her where I lived. She'd probably come pester me about having sex with her again.

I go to reception and book a room for the night. The slut and I walk up to the room, and I think you can figure out what happened there without me telling you.

•••

I woke up early today so that I could just get up and leave her here. I've used her for what I've needed, she's useless to me now.

I quickly get dressed and leave the room running a hand through my hair.

I get into my car sighing. I put my hands on the steering wheel, I'm gripping it so tightly my knuckles turn white. I rev the engine and race off heading home.

•••

I park my car outside my mansion, I don't live in the gang house with my gang members, it's annoying when I want to have silence. Because one of my idiot friends will decide to fucking annoy me like the piece of shits they are.

As soon as I enter my home I walk up the stairs to my room. Plonking myself head first onto my bed. I raised my head and see an old photo on my desk.

I walk over to my desk and pick up the photo, all those fun childhood memories flow back. Making me remember my best friend I abandoned...

Thea Crawford.

I wonder where she is. What she looks like now-if she's still so pretty with an innocent face. I wonder if she can still remember me.