10.

Thea's POV

"Fuck"

I mutter, staring at the specimen others call a guy with wide eyes. How did I not know this was Carter?!

Oh...wait I forgot!

Last time I checked my Ex best friend wasn't a flipping gang leader! I need to get out of this situation pronto dente.

Carter's smirk only widens at my obviously shock.

"Remember me?" He asks brushing my ear with his lips, while twirling a lock of my hair in his fingers.

My eyes flutter close. Loving the feeling. But I force them open immediately. I can't let this happen. I can't fall for someone like Carter.

I'm not the girl he once knew, he knows nothing about me or what happened after he left. He has no fucking right to toy with my emotions!

"What's wrong Thumbelina?" He asks with a creased brow.

I honestly doubt this asshole actually cares. Because if he ever and I mean ever actually cared about me he would have never left and stoped all contact we had.

"You have no fucking right to call me that anymore, Carter." I say glaring at him.

Hurt and confusion is evident in his eyes but he quickly hides it. How could he forget that I know him better than I know myself. Or at least I knew him better than I knew myself. That was so long ago. Almost a life time ago.

I know how much that must of stung. I mean he was once an important part of my life like I was in his.

He masks his emotions, putting up a blank façade. If only he knew that I could read him. Maybe he hasn't changed that much other than physically.

"And why's that? When did I lose the privilege of calling you that Thea?" He whisper yells.

"The day you decided I wasn't good enough to say in contact with!" I seethe.

I've had enough! He has no goddam right. Who does he think he is. Expecting me to accept him back into my life like it's nothing!

Carter clenches his jaw and fists. He looks mad, guess what I don't give a flying fuck.

"Thea..."

"This conversation is over Carter." I say cutting him off. Emphasizing on his name refusing to call him by the nickname I gave him any years ago.

I notice everyone in the class watching us. The guys sending me lustful looks and the girls glaring at me.

Fuck them and Carter!

I need to clear my head. I pick up my stuff and march out of the class. Not like I need to be here any longer.

"Thea where-"

I cut the teacher off by slamming the door.

I stomp down the passage trying to find my locker so that I can get rid of the extra weight. Also known as books.

I hear footsteps behind me but I refuse to turn around. I walk faster in hopes it's not Carter who has decided to follow me.

All of a sudden a hand grips my arm and pull me towards the locker. Caging me in between a muscular chest and the cold metal lockers. Great.

I look up and I'm met with the not so familiar face of Carter Adams! Yay! Anyone hear my sarcasm?!

"What do you want?!" I grit.

"You," Carter replies smugly, while smirking.

"Well boo fucking hoo you can't have me."

"Says who?" He asks feathering kisses along my jaw.