17.

Thea's POV

After finishing my breakfast I walk back into the kitchen. I put my plate in the sink and decide to wash up to avoid any other social interaction. What? It's early and I'm probably in a crappy mood.

After filling the sink I start washing the dishes, getting lost in thought before someone broke me out of it.

"You know dear, you don't have to wash the dishes. I didn't give you a plate of food hoping you'd help clean up."

I chuckle at Mrs A. Seems like she hasn't changed. I turn and face her giving her a smile.

"I felt like getting out of socializing and the pile of dishes irritated me when I walked into the kitchen." I replied with a shrug.

"You've changed since I last saw you." She stated.

"I guess I have." I say returning my attention to the dishes.

"I didn't say it was a bad thing, dear."she says as she walks up next to me.

"You didn't have to, I expect you think it is. After all a lot of people believe I changed for the worst." I simply said.

"Like who?" She asks with a crinkled forehead.

"My father."

She nods in understanding and helps me with the rest of the dishes. We manage to wash all the dishes in 30 minutes. Considering it was like washing up 30 peoples plates and cups I think that's a decent amount of time spent.

•••

After washing the dishes Olivia and I sit at the kitchen counter and talk.

Not even seconds later Carter barges in and grabs a hold of my hand. While I try and pull away he pulls me closer, until I'm flush against him.

He then decided to wrap his arm around my waist. This little motherfucker is trying his luck.

The only reason he isn't on the floor holding his family jewels is his mother. Who simply smirks in our direction. Completely avoiding my pleading look.

"Well, Thumbelina I believe it's time you meet the people who have been dying to meet you."

The piece of shit doesn't even give me time to reply before walking out of the kitchen and into the dining room once more.

Just fucking great.

•••

"Hi my names my names Hazel and my sisters name is Hayden." Says a really bubbly brunette. Her sister stands beside her waving shyly. The look like identical twins, but I guess she's not much of a talker- the shy one I mean.

Before I can even open my mouth to say anything Hazel beats me to it.

"Zayn is our brother, the three of us are triplets." She says pointing at her brother. She smiles proudly, probably loving the fact that her brother gave her a flat look.

I then notice that he's one of the guys that I saw with Carter on my first day of school. His the one with the light brown eyes and hair. The one who looked mysterious and guarded.

He looks straight at me with no expression on his face. I do the same before giving his sisters a small smile.

"See Thumbelina, that wasn't so hard. Now was it?" Carter asks from behind me.

Where he still has his arm wrapped around my waist still. I stare at him blankly and he sighs.

"Come on lets me the others."