29.

Thea's POV

I can distinctly hear an annoying beeping sound that is driving me absolutely crazy. If I had enough energy to open my heavy eyelids I'd have loved to glare at someone to turn the stupid thing off...

Wait.

Why the fuck are my eyelids so heavy? And why the fuck can't I feel my arms and legs? My entire body feels heavy and numb. It's fucking pathetic. Unable to think of any reasons why my body feels the way it does I begin to panic and for some stupid reason as I panic that annoying beeping sound gets faster, the sound echos in my ears and vibrates through my body, I almost feel like I'm having a panic attack.

I feel a pair of muscular arms on either side of me, I think they're trying to hold me down, but gently? But I'm not entirely sure why either.

"Thumbelina, sweetheart I need you to calm the fuck down." I hear Carter say softly in a very tired voice.

After hearing his voice my entire buzzing body calms. That stupid sound goes from rapidly beeping back to its slow steady but fucking annoying beeping. Knowing that wherever the fuck I am that Carter's with me sends this wave of calmness over me. Because I know that no matter what happens Carter will keep me safe. I know CarCar will.

With that the thought of Carter on my mind my consciousness falls away.

Carter's POV

I release one big fucking breathe after I realise that Thea's heart rate has come down significantly. It's back to the stupid monotone steady fucking beeping. But steady and monotone is better than the rapid and fast heart beat that machine was picking up seconds ago.  That's the first time in three fucking weeks that there's been a significant change in Thea's heart beat. Other than that time when she fucking flatlined. Fuck. That was the absolute fucking worst thing that happened.

Three. Whole. Fucking. Weeks. Without. My. Thumbelina.

After sending Evans head back to whatever remained of his pathetic gang, I took a step back from the gang. Let Aidan and the guys deal with the aftermath, excluding Sebastian-who hasn't left Hope's side. The fucker even missed the war to stay with her, not that I blame him. I'd never seen him like I did that day he brought her in, frozen, unable to move. Thankfully she's mostly healed by now so he's been helping out and she's learning the ropes. The twins and Lia stayed, something about not leaving until Thea wakes up. Amelia has taken Hope under her wing, since they have something to relate to...abused. That thought alone makes me cringe. But it also makes me see them in a completely different light, they may not be trained soldiers like the rest of us in the gang but they're definitely warriors in their own right. They endured more than the majority of us have had to, they're definitely fucking warriors.

I've spent the last three weeks, either at Thea's side, at the gang house for a quick meal and shower or with Jax and Theo. The kid's going through a rough time. The fact that their parents have been arguing all the time hasn't helped. According to Jax, their dad didn't even tell their mom who was visiting her parents at the time, that Theo had gone missing. Fucker. In fact their poor excuse for a father slapped their mom when she cornered him about it after learning about everything from Jax. And when I say Jax told her everything I mean everything. Although she knew her two eldest were involved with gangs and surprisingly had no issue with it. I think if my mom had been in her shoes she would have lost her shit.

I think I heard Jax say that their mom is working on divorcing their dad and taking custody of Theo. The only issue is she doesn't really have anything to use against him in court. Other than the proof of him slapping her of course, but telling a courtroom and a judge about the kidnapping situation and gang business is a big no no. But Jax has been consoling his mother telling her they'll win. Things have gotten so bad at their house that the three of them also moved into the gang house after the whole slap situation, Jax refused to leave them in the house with his father. Not that their mom wanted to be anywhere near him after that incident. I think that before the slap Thea's name was brought into the conversation and things went to shit, their mom, Cyan gave their dad shit for Thea almost leaving and Theo's kidnap situation and he struck, like a fucking coward who couldn't control his raging temper. Apparently learning that all three of your children have come to resent you makes you an abusive fucker who thinks hitting their wife is okay. I honestly don't know how the fuck Jax didn't beat the shit out of him for hitting their mom.