~ Friends ~

A/N real quick ~ guys we have an Instagram! It's Cloud_Queens (the same so it's easy to remember) so please go visit us there! We will give sneak peaks and hints! xxx carry on reading!

"Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. No one knows the difference"~Unknown

Autumn's P.O.V

I was feeling pretty bitter towards the fact that Zach was "sick". I was going to explain everything to him. I was going to tell him that I still love him. But he didn't show up. I was waiting there in my bikini. Waiting. What a disappointment.

But I don't want to give up on trying to tell him. So I decided to write him a hand written letter. I've been sitting on my bed for quite some time now... I have littered my room with scrunched paper.

Dear Zach,

Let me explain... it wasn-

Scrunch.

I love you, Zach.

I nee-

Scrunch.

No. If he faked being sick just so he didn't have to see me, then he isn't worth my time anyway. Besides, I'm not the one who should be apologising. Zach was the one that made us break up. He was the one that didn't trust me. But I do still love him and I don't know what to do. Argh, who knew life would ever be this frustrating and difficult! I am getting nowhere.

Zach,

We need to talk. But I don't think either of us is ready. You faked being sick so you didn't have to see me. I'm not just something you can put away in a box and forget about, Zach. Yes, I still love you but I don't think you deserve it.

Sincerely,

Autumn Anderson.

P.S. have you even told your parents we broke up? Your mum thought you still loved me.

There. That sounds ok, right? Well, it's better than nothing. Actually, I sound quite mad in that letter. I'm not mad, I'm more heartbroken than anything. There's no use crying over it though, I don't think there are any tears left anyways.

Scrunch.

It wasn't my fault that Ryan was our tour guide in Hawaii! But Zach cannot accuse me of cheating! I didn't even flirt let alone have any feelings left for him. Zach should have known that I wouldn't do anything like that to him. But that's his problem for not trusting me. It's his problem. His problem that I'm gone.

"Autumn?" Mum calls from the other side of my bedroom door.

"Yeah, mum?" I hide all of the scrunched pieces of paper under my pillows as mum opens my door.

"Do you want to come stationary shopping with me?"

"Huh?" Stationary?

"School starts in a week, sweetie." Mum gently reminds me.

Shit.

"Uh.... no, you can go. I think I'll just hang here...." I try to say in a panicked state.

"Ok." Phew.

"Sweetie?"

"Yeah, mum?" I wonder what this next question is.

"Are you ok?" She gently asks as she comes to sit next to me on my bed.

"Yeah. I think that I have finally realised that I don't need a guy to make me happy. If Zach didn't trust me, then I don't need him." And actually, I have. I think that I am slowly getting over him. So why is there sadness in mum's eyes when she smiles?

"If you say so, honey. I'll see you when I come back." Mum rests her hand on my shoulder for a moment before leaving my room.

"Just remember, I love you." She says as she is about the leave the doorway.

"I know mum," I say back to her with a smile. I hear the front door close when she leaves. I have to face Zach in a week. I have to get over our break up in a week. How? Penny. I scramble around my room trying to find my phone. It's somewhere under a pile of scrunched up papers. I find her name in my contacts and press 'call'.

"Hi, Penny speaking." Penny's happy voice answers.

"Hey Penny, it's Autumn. Why did no one tell me that school starts in a week? I am so not ready." The line goes silent for a few seconds.

"Hello? Penny?" I ask to make sure she is still there.

"I'm coming over." She states.

"Ok. See you soon." I end the call and flop back on my bed. When did life become so complicated?

Penny lives just down the road, so soon enough I hear a cheerful knock on my door.

"¡Hola, chica!" why does she always get to be in such a happy mood, I envy her right now.

"I let myself in" she exclaimed. She set her handbag on my desk, then her smile leaves her face. Penny walks over to my bed and sits down.

"Are you alright?"

"No. Definitely not. I can't go back to school yet! I don't want to see that sad face of Zach's" I take the pillows off my bed and reveal the scrunched up letters.

"I've been trying to write him a letter, to explain, ya know?" Penny nods sympathetically. She's a really great friend. She listens to me. And it's good to talk and have someone

to just listen. I start to tear up, and I can feel my face screw up.

"I need to get over him, Penny" I wipe a tear away, trying to toughen up. I really don't want to cry over something that I can overcome.

"I know just what to do" a smirk struck upon Penny's face.

"Back to that letter writing, write a letter about all the things that you are mad about and rip it up and scrunch it and tear it, just destroy it really."

"Uh ok." I grab another piece of paper and a pencil and start.

Zach
You lied to me. You said you trusted and loved me! But you didn't. You also lied about not wanting to see me and GRRR that makes me SO SO SO MAD! Us together was the only place that made me feel safe and you ruined it! All of it! I knew you never loved me. I knew it was all an act. But why did I have to fall for you?! ARGHHH. Someone who gets cheated on doesn't become the cheater Zach. I thought you would have had more sense.

I put my pencil down and try to calm my breathing. I hand it over to Penny for her to read and she nods.

"Now rip it." I rip the price of paper.

"Tear it." So I tear it.

"Scrunch it up." And I do. I follow Penny's instructions blindly and by the end, there is nothing left of the letter except little flakes of yellow paper scatter across my bed.

"Better?" Penny asks with a gentle tone. I nod I let out a sigh.

"Thanks, Pen. I think I really needed that." She smiles.

"You can do it, Autumn, I know you can. You aren't the first girl to get their heart broken you know. He is just a boy."

"Thanks, Penny. But he's not. He's not ' just a boy ' he was my boy. And I know I'm not the first girl to get my heart broken. Maybe I'll talk to mum about it when she gets home." I say mostly to myself. Penny rests her hand on my shoulder.

"Want to watch some movies?"

"As long as they aren't romance."