Chapter fourteen

Leonardo's POV:

     I am an asshole. A complete and utter asshole. I've hurt the one girl who I've truly ever had feelings for. Fuck.

After that phone call a few days ago from Sierra, all I've managed to do is beat myself up for it. Literally. I can't even remember how many times times I've forced Luca to go to the gym with me so we could fight and I could get some anger out.

Even Luca's fed up with my shit, he doesn't agree with my ways but I couldn't care less. Ever since I first saw Sierra, I've had Luca on her. His job was to stay on the sidelines and keep Sierra safe and away from other men. Somewhere along the way, he fell for Sierra's bestfriend, Aria.

Every time I questioned him about it, he'd deny it because he knew i'd take him away from the job. He can't possible protect Sierra if he's flirting around with another girl.

But after I realized how much of a bastard I was for even considering to make Sierra a part of this dangerous world, I allowed Luca to continue his relationship with Aria. My plan was to completely ignore her and forget about her.

But that didn't seem to work out quite so well. I am basically obsessed with her, I need to watch over at all times. Shit. And that's why, when I'm not taking my anger out on Luca, I'm constantly watching over Sierra. I have bodyguards on her at all times and I receive an update on her every hour. And, when that isn't enough, sometimes I go out of my way and follow her.

I'm a fucking creep but I can't help it. I wish I had more willpower when it came to her, I truly wish I did, but I don't have an ounce of it.

I want her, but my lifestyle won't allow me to love anyone. 

So for the past few days, I've been rotting in hell. But it's what I deserve, I suppose.

Sierra's POV:

My life was finally back on track, and I was very happy. Aside from that occasional feeling of loneliness and emptiness when seeing Aria and Luca together, I was content with my life.

I hardly thought about Leonardo or his mesmerizing blue eyes, or his crooked nose, or his sculptured jaw, or his soft, kissable lips, if ever. Clearly!

No, but really, I realized how stupid I was for letting myself catch feelings for a guys I hardly knew, and I was over it. Trust me!

The past couple weeks had been spent with Aria, occasionally Luca, Tris (only because Aria thought he was a great guy), Kevin and his boyfriend Steve, and Vanessa.

I guess I could say I was (almost) happy about my friend group. We always had a good time and just like now, all of us, minus Luca, were making our way towards the opening of a new bookshop cafe.

It was called "Books & Brews" and ever since news of the bookstore cafe was announced, all anyone's ever talked about it is that. So we were very excited to go check out if the bookstore actually lived up to the hype. I really hoped it did, because I was a huge bookworm so I was hoping this could be my warm, cozy hangout place.

As we got there, we noticed a huge line of people waiting to get it. The building was quite large but seemed cozy, nonetheless. It had fairy lights all around it which gave it even more of a relaxed vibe. Seeing the outside made me very excited to see the inside, all we had to do was wait in line.

We had been in line for about an hour when it was finally our turn. There was a bouncer keeping track of how many people were inside and how many to let it. Almost like a club, but for a bookstore, how silly! As the bouncer talked into his earpiece, I noticed that this burly man seemed somewhat familiar, but I couldn't quite place my finger on it.

As a few people made their way out of the beautiful establishment, we were finally let in. Taking a step inside, my nose was filled with the scent of freshly brewed coffee and the smell of new books. That was definitely one of my favourite scents.

While all of my friends decided to grab a table and get coffee, I made my way towards the bookshelves. There were tons and tons of books, and the smell, wow. I could easily say I was in book heaven.

As I was scrolling through the aisles, and got to the last aisle, I froze in my tracks immediately and gasped.

There stood Leonardo with his phone to his ear and a cigarette in his hand. Wait, he smoked?

He was casually leaning against the wall, and looked impeccable in his black tailor made suit. As he heard me gasp, he looked to his left and zeroed in on me immediately. Oh my, he was a sight for sore eyes.

His jaw clenched and eyes narrowed as he recognized me. My heart started beating a little faster and my hands shook under the scrutiny of his unwavering stare. I shouldn't be reacting to him like this.

He ended the call, took a long drag of the cigarette and made his way towards the end of the aisle. Towards me.

My instant reaction was to take a step back but my movement was halted as he reached forward and grabbed by wrist, stopping me from moving anywhere.

"Sierra," he spoke in that husky voice of his, the one that made my knees weak, just as it almost did now.

I took a deep breath, pushed my shoulders back and stood tall.

"Leonardo," I somehow managed to make my voice steady.

His hand left my wrist, and one of his fingers glided through my cheekbones, back and forth. This was torture. Smelling his masculine cologne, feeling his rough hand rubbing gently on my face. "What're you doing here," he had to nerve to ask. I couldn't take it anymore and took a step back.

"Don't touch me." I refused to answer him.

His eyes narrowed into dangerous slits but just in a second his expression changed and he was smirking.

"Oh Tesoro, the things I would do to you for giving me sass, if you were mine." He took another drag of his cigarette as he spoke.

I was about to speak up and tell him exactly what I thought about that comment, but the jerk beat me to it.

"But it's too bad you never made the cut," he chuckled.

I, on the other hand, didn't find anything funny about it, and I was hurt more than I cared to admit.

"You say that like it's a bad thing, Tesoro," I smirked and walked away.

I felt his glare digging into my back but I couldn't care less. Infact I was quite impressed that I managed to stand up for myself and get the last word in.

Sierra: 1  Leonardo: 0

A/N

Please vote!