I.VII. MYRIAH

⟣⟡⟢

⟣⟡⟢

MYRIAH

He was indeed begging for more of her wisdom. When they had met in the stuffy library the day after, Jon had mindlessly pulled at her clothes, only moments away from ripping them from her body. Myriah had to smile when she saw how he struggled with containing himself. Jon had wolf blood in him, and just so it happens, Myriah had tamed a wolf before.

There was no doubt that her appearance made him uncomfortable. It seemed like he even had trouble concentrating when he sparred in the training yard.

As so often she would watch him train, this time Princess Shireen kept her company. She was sweet and kind and Myriah slowly grew fond of her.

"You have seen much of the Seven Kingdoms, haven't you?" the young girl asked one of her many questions.

"I have," Myriah replied, resting her elbows on the wooden rail while Shireen sat on the stairs.

"And what place do you consider the most beautiful?"

She bit her lower lip as she was thinking of an answer. Then she looked at Shireen with a smile. "The heaths in the Riverlands were rather lovely, all quiet and pristine. It reminded me of the Godswood at Winterfell. Oldtown was also very marvelous and colorful, though I have not seen as much of the city as I had hoped. But I do believe the most beautiful place I had ever been to are the Water Gardens not far from Sunspear. The fountains and palm trees, and the smell of oranges and salt water in the air. They are breath-taking, these gardens."

"Didn't the Prince Maron Martell built them for his bride, the Princess Daenerys?"

"He did. After his sister Myriah had married the crown prince Daeron Targaryen, Maron married Daenerys to mark the union of Dorne and the seven kingdoms. The Water Gardens were his wedding gift." Myriah explained her. Princess Myriah was the first Dornish princess to marry a Targaryen prince and the only one who ever became queen. It was the beginning of a strong alliance between Dorne and the Targaryens, which did not end with the deaths of Aerys II and his son Rhaegar. That's what Myriah had been taught. To her father and her sworn shield Ser Terrence Toland, who had accompanied her north, it was important for her to know the history of House Martell, Dorne and especially the life of her namesake. At the thought of her father, she turned bitter. How she wished she had not parted from her father with such aversion. As much as she despised him for his cowardly behavior, she still missed him a little or at least the man she had thought he would be.

Both princesses became quiet. Shireen continued watching the men training, while Myriah lifted her head to the cloudy sky. Not a sunray could beam through. In Dorne, there were barely days where the sun wouldn't show and it was always warm there. Dornishmen needed no furs, not even in winter. Maybe instead of Norvos, she could go there and make her peace with her father. Myriah knew very well that she couldn't stay at Castle Black forever and she certainly didn't want to, even with Jon in command. But first, she wanted to see whether Stannis could take Winterfell or not.