Tobi is Here

第五章

トビはこちらです

The door burst open as Tsunade entered her office with Shizune in tow. She slumped with a tired sigh, on her seat behind the desk that seemed to never clean of papers closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Master Tsunade..." Shizune stood to the Hokage's left, frowning.

"It's useless." Tsunade said. "No matter what measures we do we can't see anything on the culprit's belongings that would help us lead to his identity."

"But, how can it be? It's his apparel. There should be at least finger prints on it unless he was wearing gloves when he dressed up."

"I don't know about that, Shizune. It's strange...there should be at least finger prints. If not his then anyone would do, like, the finger prints of the person who made his clothes and mask or after it was washed."

Shizune did not say anything as she thought back of the events that had happened last night.

The teams Tsunade had dispatched returned with Kakashi carrying Naruto on his back and Kiba with the clothes the enemy wore in his hands. She studied the clothes in the laboratory along with other specialists. She even called Shizune and Sakura for help and went as far as for Orochimaru, but found nothing. And, Kakashi reported that Naruto was conscious during when they caught up with the masked guy. Kakashi told her the brief story of their encounter, and was now in deep thoughts since then.

Straightening up, Tsunade ordered Shizune to summon Orochimaru. She said, "Meet me in lab in fifteen minutes. We're going to run some test on Naruto now." and propped her elbows on the desk, lacing her slim fingers, and leaned forward.

"Yes, Master Tsunade!"

It was a tranquil morning in Konoha. Vendors were calling for customers and were accomodating them, children were running- one was tugging on his father's sleeve, asking something- while there were a group of kids on the roof, playing ninja game. Then, came a middle aged woman out of a window, scolding the children not to play on rooftops.

He might say no words about the tranquillity in the air, but Sasuke would not lie to himself even if with the lingering dangers in the shadows slowly creeping out just like last night.

He missed Konoha.

Sasuke, wearing a new set of clothes; ninja sandals and pants, and turquoise high collared shirt with the Uchiha Clan crest at back, was walking down the alley and out of the street. He halted and looked up the clear blue sky, closing his eyes as the light caressed his face and savouring the warm feeling of it. He breathed in a lungful of air that smelled of freshly cut grass.

He did not know how much he missed the old days when he and his older brother, Itachi, used to practise in their leisure until he came back in his village after more or less four years with a new goal in life.

I don't care if you'll hate me because of this, Naruto, but... He said to himself as he tilted his head down and opened his eyes, showing his onyx and rippled eyes and steeling it as his right eye flickered to mangekyou sharingan for a split of second before going back to its former color. I'm going to be the Hokage. So, if you want you better wake up and fight me in that title. He smiled lopsidedly.

He took a step forward, going in a very slow and lazy pace and it increase gradually until he was running. He could feel the breeze going passed him.

It was a new yet familiar feeling.

What is it? This feeling...

He run and run, paying no heed at anyone he knew since he was just a kid who sent him a smile and wave as he was nearing to the point where he was sure he can identify the familiar feeling of...

New Dawn [Naruto Fan-fiction]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें