Chapter 6

Author's Note:

I know I suck, it's been like a million years since i updated but here's another chapter!!! Please Vote/Comment/Fan :)

Emily xoxo

__________________________________________________________________________

I watched the movie in complete boredom. “This movie sucks!” I complained. I looked over to Johnny who was nervously picking his nails. Pony was looking around nervously. “Got a hot date?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Just worried.” He said turning back around.

“Why?” I asked.         

“Dallas isn’t here I think everyone should be worrying.” He said.

“Don’t worry cuz, I got you’re back I think I can pack a punch.” I said quoting Dallas. He just shrugged and we fell into an awkward silence and I attempted to find some interest in the stupid movie.

Copper’s P.O.V…

I walked up to the Curtis house with my bags still in hand. I figured I’d stop in and say hi before I head home and go to bed. I’ve never been so jet lagged in my entire life. Just before I boarded my plane Jarrod and I had broken it off officially. Those are two years of my life I’ll never get back. I opened the door and Darry sat on the couch all alone. “Hey, Darry, how are you and where’s everyone else?” I asked.

“I’m fine and they all went out to the movies, how are you?” He asked seeming nervous.

“I’m really tired.” I said. “Why didn’t you go to the movies?” I asked putting my bags down.

“I don’t like movies that much. Come sit next to me.” He said patting the spot next to him. I walked over to him and cuddled into him, my head resting on his chest.

“I thought Soda hated movies.” I said relaxing as he played with my red hair.

“He does but I have something to tell you.” He said. I sat up and looked into his pale green eyes.

“Do tell.” I said confused.

“Well, Copper, I know that your dating Jarrod but I really like you and not just as a friend. “ He said. A smile crossed my face.

“Darry, me and Jarrod just broke up before I got on the plane home. Everything just fell apart and it happens that I like you too.” I said and a mesmerized look came into his eyes.

“Really?” He asked.

“No I just said it for my health.” I said with a roll of my hazel eyes.

“You’re just like Dallas.” He said. I tensed at the mention of Dallas and I knew that he wouldn’t approve of Darry liking me. I laid down on Darry, resting my head on his lap. I fell asleep easily and quickly as Darry relaxed.

I looked into Jarrod’s emerald green eyes. “So this is the end?” I asked, tearing up. “I’ve spent these last two years with you for absolutely nothing.” I said.

“Not for nothing, Copper, we tried it out and obviously it wasn’t working.” He said.

“Fine I just want to know one last thing.” I said.

“Yeah?” He asked.

“Why now, right before I get on a plane and go home, why do we have to end it like this?” I asked.

“It’s the easiest way, Copper, you know that. If I did it earlier it would be awkward for the rest of your time here and if I didn’t we would both end up unhappy. Now get on your plane, you’re going to miss it. I nodded and boarded my plane and wiped away the single tear I let fall from my eyes. My heart wasn’t broken at the least and he wasn’t going to get the best of me. Things were about to get better and I could sense it.