Chapter 3

~Saphira~

  I stared at the clock as the second hand traveled around the clock at snail speed. School was almost over and I couldn't wait to get out of this place.

  I looked to the lef as a high pitched laugh escaped the girl I had seen earlier. And once again she had her hand on Ashton's chest.

  My eyes narrowed as I fought back a growl.

  Ashton was in three of my classes.

  Which means I'll be reminded three times every weekday that my mate rejected me.

  Maybe I could just change my schedule.

  No I can't do that, I already made friends.

  After Ashton had rejected me I was just going to go home and mope around until my twin brother Trevor got home.

  My dad wouldn't understand or really want to hear my problems.

  I just wish my mom was still here to talk about things like this.

  I wish she had never left in the first place, but I guess you can't really argue with God.

  Or Simon.

  I was leaving the library when Simon met me and walked with me to the cafeteria. I thought about telling him about Ashton, since they are cousins but I decided to just not tell anyone, it would be easier that way, I guess.

  Anyway I sat with him and some of his best friends from his pack.

  They were actually really cool, and funny.

  There was Elliot, who had brown hair and matching brown eyes. Ella,Elliot's mate, who had blond hair and dark blue eyes. Vine, who's full name was Vincent, who had black hair and green eyes that were slightly darker then mine. And finally Noah, who had brown hair and hazel eyes. Then of course there was Simon.

  Ella was super sweet and really pretty, when I first met here she hugged me and announced that we were gonna be the best of friends.

  After lunch I had gym, which sucked since I had just ate, but I had Simon and Ella in that class so that made up for it. We had uniforms so I didn't have to worry about bringing my own clothes.

  After gym was English, then Science, and finally Reading, with Ashton.

  Noah and Elliot had English with me. Vine had science with ne and Ella had gym and Reading with me. I didn't tell her about Ashton but she's probably noticed my strange reaction to him by now.

  I turned to my right to look at her. She was staring at me with a questioning look. I smiled sheepishly at her and waved my hand at her. She stared at me a little while longer before sighing and turning to face the board.

  I turned to the clock and almost squealed in joy as I realized there was less then a minute left of class.

  I turned to give Ashton one last glance and all the joy inside me instantly evaporated.

  That slut that was all over him was currently attacking his face and he was responding. I couldn't help stop the tears that formed in my eyes. A sudden pain spread throughout my chest and only added more tears.

  "Hey Saphira are you okay?" I heard Ella ask. At this Ashton opened his eyes just as a tear fell down my cheek. I hastily wiped it away and turned to face Ella before I had the chance to meet Ashton's eye.

  "Yea I'm fine." I said smiling weakly at her.

  She opened her mouth to speak again but the bell rang signaling that school was over. I sent her a quick smile as I rushed out of the classroom. I hurried down the stairs and ran out of the front door.