Chapter 13

~Saphira~

  "You know now that you and Ashton are mated and you're marked, you are going to have to announce it to the pack at the next meeting, right?" Ella asked as we entered the school cafeteria. It was now Tuesday and Ashton and I had mated and he had marked me.

  His mark was a little below my collar bone. It was a rose wrapped in spiraling thorn vines with name Ashton inside.

  My shirt was currently hiding it from view.

  "I know, Ashton told me already. Friday right?" I asked as we got our lunches and made our way towards our lunch table. Ella nodded her head and took a seat next to Elliot.

  Vine's mate, Stella had returned from Paris, and since Junior's and Seniors had lunch together she was sitting next to Vine, who had his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

  She was really pretty. She had medium length blonde hair that was freely down and dark blue eyes.

  I took a seat next to Simon who was talking to Noah about some kind of video game, and how he was sure it was rigged since he couldn't get past one of the levels.

  "Hey, babe." Ashton said kissing me on the cheek and pulling up a chair next to me.

  "Hey." I replied smiling about the kiss.

  I was a little nervous about the ritual but Ashton was gentle and he made sure I was completely ready, that's one of the things I love about him.

  Actually I love everything about him.

  I actually think I love h...

  "My father moved the pack meeting to today after school at six." Ashton said cutting me from my thoughts.

  My brows scrunched together.

  Today?

  "Why?" I asked.

  "Something about wanting the pack to know that their next alpha has found his mate." Ashton replied shrugging his shoulders like it was nothing, but I could tell it was something.

  I heard what sound like a bag falling on the ground, due to my heightened senses.

  I looked at the cafeteria floor and bent down to pick up a small plastic baggy that was halfway full of a white powdery substance.

  "What the hell is this?" I exclaimed.

  Ashton turned to me with a smile, but it quickly dropped when he saw the drugs in my hand.

  "Where did you get that?" he asked, his eyes narrowed. His voice sounded darker.

  "It feel out of your pocket." I said as he just eyed the drug.  "Why do you have this?" I asked again. I noticed that everyone at the table had turned their attention on us.

  "It's none of your fucking business what I do." he snapped as he snatched the baggy out of my hand out shoved it back into his jeans pocket.

  My eyes narrower in anger at his statement.

  It was too my business, he's my mate!

  "I don't want you doing those drugs, they're bad for you." I said trying to reason with him.

  He turned to me, and I instantly wished I had just kept my mouth shut.

  His eyes were suddenly much much darker.

  "I don't care what you want." he snapped leaning in towards me.

  I gulped out of fear as I leaned back in my seat as he came closer.

  "Ashton, enough." Simon said in a deep clear voice.

  At his words Ashton blinked repeatedly as his eye turned back to their normal brown color. He retreated looking dazed.

  Tears had unwillingly filled my eyes at his actions.

  He was so different.

  Those drugs were not good for him.

  I blinked back the tears as I stood up with my tray and headed towards the garbage.

  "Saphira I'm sorry." Ashton whispered from behind me as I dumped the rest of my lynch in the garbage.

  I spun around to face him and held out my hand, obviously for him to hand me the drugs.

A look of confusion covered his beautiful face as he looked at my outstretched hand.

  "Give it to me." I snapped my voice hard.

  His eyes narrowed in anger as they darkened.

  "Now." I demanded using, what I assumed would be my Luna voice.

  His eyes lightened as his shoulders slumped.

  He dropped the baggy in my hand and I quickly dropped it in the garbage.

  "I'm sorry." he whispered as I started towards the table.

  "It's okay, people make mistakes." I said.

  I was acting like everything was fine but it wasn't.

  Ashton did drugs. What else did he do?

  "I would never hurt you." Ashton said as we neared the table.

  "I know." I said as I stopped and took my seat.

  The guys acted as if nothing has happened, while Ella kept shooting me looks.

  The rest of the day flew by and before I knew it I was standing in front of the pack house.

  I took in a deep breath as me, Trevor and my father entered the house.

  This was going to be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!!!