Chapter 6

~Saphira~

"You know I really think that the school lunch is actually better then the shit my mom forces me to eat." Vine said stuffing three of his fries into his mouth at the same time, making me laugh loudly. I quickly shut up as people started staring at me.

  Ella and Elliot were to caught up making lovey dovey eyes at each other to notice my loud outburst. I mentally sighed watching them. I wish someone would look at me that way.

  I wish that someone could be Ashton.

  I looked around the cafeteria as Trevor walked in with his arm around a very pretty girl, I was only guessing was Carmen. Our eyes met and he looked at a table seated at the other side of the cafeteria. There were already four other people there.

  They seemed to be two couples, and by the look of how they eyed each other they were mates.

  I gestured for him to go ahead and sit at the table. He smiled saying a silent 'Thank you' as he walked towards that table.

  "So Saphira have you found that special someone yet?" Vine asked wiggling his eyebrows. My heart skipped a beat but I remained calm on the outside.

  "No, not yet." I said shaking my head. "What about you two?" I asked gesturing to Simon, Noah and Vine himself.

  "Nope." Simon and Noah both said at the same time. Vine however was trying to hide a smile.

  "What about you Viney?" I asked mentally smirking at my new nickname.

  "Her name is Stella." Vine said smiling. Wow, I never would have guessed that Vine could get heartstruck.

  "She's a junior, and right now she's on a four day trip to Paris. I just hope those fancy pricks keep their hands to themselves." Vine said squeezing the table, making his knuckles turn white.

  I smiled at his protective behavior.

  We all took our food trays to the trashcan as the bell rang. I said my goodbye to Vine, Noah and Elliot as Ella, Simon and I made our way to gym, which I also had with Ashton.

  We made our way inside the gym bad Simon waved goodbye as he made his way to the boy's locker room, and we headed towards the girl's locker room.

  We all got dressed and quickly made our way to the center of the gym where everyone else was already standing.

  "Okay class, today we are playing dodgeball." my coach Mr.Thomas said loudly. Everyone started cheering, including Ashton. I, however groaned.

  I hated dodgeball. I mean who likes running from a ball? Also those little devil balls hurt.

   I looked at Ella to find the same look of despair, Simon, however was smiling and clapping his hands together.

  "Okay Ashton and Kyle are the two team captains, who is having first pick?" ccoach asked. Kyle was Ashton's bestfriend and beta.

  They quickly made a decision and Ashton stepped forward for first pick.

  I sighed knowing I would probably be last pick. Eventually it was down to me, Ella, this kid named Hank, and another girl named Paloma.Kyle chose Ella and Ashton chose Paloma.Now it was just me and Hank.

  Kyle surprisingly chose me and I mentally smiled at not having to be on Ashton's team.

  I smiled at Ella and looked at Ashton's team, who had Simon on it. He winked at the both of us while giving us an 'I'm-gonna-kick-your-asses.' look.

  Coach blew his whistle and everyone rushed forward to grab a ball, me and Ella however stayed back.

  I watched as Ashton easily got three of our players out. Simon gave Ella an 'I'm sorry.' look before a ball hit Ella on the leg. I watched as she rolled her eyes and walked towards the bleachers.

  I turned around just in time to see Ashton throw a dodgeball straight in the direction as my face. I didn't have enough time to move so the ball hit me square in the face, with enough strength and momentum to cause me to fall to the floor clutching my nose.

  That throw definitely had some wolf strength behind it.

  Everyone stared at me while I pulled my hand away from my nose to see it coated with blood. Great.

  Coach blew his whistle indicating the game was over and for someone to help me to the girl's locker room bathroom. Ella jumped up and helped me stand. We quickly make our away to the bathroom.

  I can't believe he did that! What a douche!

  "Oh my gosh, Saphira are you okay?" Ella asked once we had entered the bathroom.

  "Yeah, my nose isn't even bleeding anymore." I said casually. I turned around and washed off the blood on my face and hands.

  Me and Ella stayed inside the locker room talking until all the other girls started filling the inside of the locker room.

  We quickly changed and made our way outside. I waved goodbye to Ella and started to make my way to English.

  I was stopped abruptly as someone blocked my path. I looked up to find Ashton staring down at me. My eyes narrowed in anger as I crossed my arms over my chest.

  "What?" I demanded. His jaw clenched as he looked away.

  "Sorry, for the whole nose thing." he replied still not looking at me. He looked like he was in...pain or something.  I shoved those thoughts away as my anger boiled to the surface. He didn't even have the decency to look me in the eye.

  "It doesn't matter, just do me a favor and leave me alone, you arrogant asshole!" I said shoving past him. Damn those stupid sparks.

  My wolf whimpered at the way I just talked to him but I ignored her, because for the first time since I met Ashton , I felt in control of my life.

  And it felt good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone has any suggestions for what should happen in the story, feel free to comment or inbox me your thoughts!!♡♥

Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!

♡♥♡♥