Chapter 32

~Saphira~

  "Saphira, we should talk." I looked away from the tv to see Ashton standing in the doorway. My heartbeat accelerated and I quickly averted my eyes.

  When Ashton got back from the attack he was covered in scrapes and bruises, as were all the other pack members that had fought. Some even had a few broken limbs, they healed quick enough though. Ashton has said that the attacking pack had retreated but would probably attack again soon. Of course that's what I beard since I hadn't really wanted to talk to him.

  He ditched me after I told him I was pregnant. Kind of a dick move. The attack was three days ago and I had slept in a guest room and avoided all contact with Ashton. He obviously didn't want the baby. But how could he not? How could he not want our baby?

  "Saphira?" Ashton asked taking a step forward. I paused the TV and turned to face Ashton.

  "What do you want Ashton?" I asked bringing my feet up in a Cris cross position on the couch.

  "You." Ashton blurted out. I turned to face him with wide eyes.

  "What?" I asked.

  Ashton sighed as he came to sit next to me.

  "I'm so sorry for the way I reacted when you told me you were, you know, pregnant. I was just really surprised is all." He said looking intoy eyes.

  "So was I." I replied.

  "Can you come back to our room now? It's lonely in there by myself." Ashton said smiling at me. I laughed as I nodded my head yes.

  Ashton smiled even wider and leaned in closer to me.

  My smile dropped as he pressed his lips to mine.

  When he pulled away I couldn't help but smile again. Maybe things were going to be okay.

  My stomach jumped when Ashton placed his hand on it.

  "A baby?" He asked smiling.

  "Our baby." I replied placing my hand over his.

  "Our baby." He repeated.

                              ****
1 month later

  "Ew, that's totally grody." I looked up to see Amanda in the doorway of the kitchen leaning against the frame with her arms crossed.

  I was eating a pickle with peanut butter smeared on it.

  What could I say?

  "Hey I'm pregnant." I said taking another bite of my snack.

  "I'm so glad Vampires don't have to eat human food." Amanda said taking another disgusted look at my snack.

  "Well y'all can't get pregnant and have these stupid cravings." I said jokingly. Her face fell and I knew I had said the wrong thing.

  "Amanda I-," I started off but she cut in.

  "It's okay and vampires can get pregnant, but only before they reach maturity which is usually in the early twenties." She said shrugging.

My brows furrowed in confusion.

  "Really?" I asked.

  Amanda pushed off the doorframe and came to take a seat next to me.

  "I take it you don't know much about vampires." She said smiling.

  "Nope." I said slightly embarrassed.

  "Okay we're gonna be here a while." Amanda said getting comfortable.

  "Why?" I asked taking the last bite of my snack.

  "I'm about to explain the vampire society to you." She said cracking her knuckles.

  "Hold on." I got up and grabbed a bag of chips.

  "Okay go." I said stuffing the first chip in my mouth. Vampire expert here I come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Another update yay!

Anyways vote, comment, and become a fan!!!! ♥♥

P.S. Wasted by MKTO is like my new favorite song.