Chapter 5

~Saphira~

"Wake up sleeping beauty!" I groaned as Trevor jerked the covers off of me. I really didn't want to have to go to school and face Ashton.

  I waved my arms in the air, trying to fight off Trevor. I heard him laugh before he grabbed my outstretched arms and pulled me up over his shoulder.

  My eyes instantly shot open. All I could see was the white of my carpet and Trevor's backside.

  "Okay, okay I'm awake!" I shouted, as Trevor started to spin around in circles.

  He laughed once more before throwing me back onto the bed.

  "If you ever do that again I'll turn your legs to jelly." I said glaring up at him.

  His eyes widened slightly. My glare slipped away as I realized that for the first time since my mother's death I had actually talked about our powers.

  My mother had been the leader of the witches but her sister, who we never talk to, took over. Me and Trevor were both half werewolf half witch.

  He smiled widely as if he had been waiting for me to finally talk about it.

  "Yea and I'll turn you into a lizard." he said winking. I shuddered at the thought. I quickly got up and shoved Trevor out of my room, shutting the door behind him.

  I took my time getting dressed. I decided to wear my hair up in a slightly messy bun. I wore jeans that accentuated my backside and a purple top. I quickly brushed my teeth. I squealed as my foot got caught on my pajama shorts. I fell forward and my right side roughly was pierced by the corner of my sink as I fell. Great. I quickly got up and raised my shirt up to see a nasty purple-blue bruise already starting to form. I slowly touched it and winced in pain. I sighed and pulled my shirt back down. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my right shoulder.

  I bounded down the stairs and jumped the last step landing on the wooden floor with a thud.

  I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed an apple before heading to the front door. Trevor was there waiting for me.

  "Finally." he said opening the door.I rolled my eyes and walked past him while taking a bite out of my apple. Trevor fell into rhythm next to me.

  "Are you gonna be okay? " he asked looking down at me. I smiled and looked down at the apple in my hand before looking back up at him.

  "Yea I'll be fine don't worry about me." I said taking another bite out of my apple.

  He nodded his head and a smile stretched across his face. I rolled my eyes knowing he was probably thinking about his mate. I turned to look at him as I realized he never told me her name.

  "Hey, Trevor what's your mate's name?" I asked.

  "Carmen." he responded smiling.

  I mentally groaned as we entered the front doors.

   I threw my apple core into the nearest trashcan.

  "Have a good day, I'll see you at lunch." Trevor said waving at me as he made his way down the right hallway. I watched his figure disappear before I walked up the stairs. I made my way to my history class and took a deep breath before walking inside.

  I made my way to the table me and Ashton shared. I was glad he wasn't yet here. I slid my bag off of my shoulder and stood it up against my chair leg.

  My wolf howled as a very good looking Ashton made his way over to our table.

  I heard him sit down and carelessly drop his bag on the ground. I took out a pencil and propped it on ny side of the table. Mrs.Farner came in and started talking about today's lesson.

  She started passing out worksheets for us to do. As she passed our table she slightly bumped it causing my pencil to fall to the ground.

  "Oops, so sorry." she said smiling and handing us our worksheets.

  I sighed and bent down to grab my pencil. I felt my shirt ride up and a low growl was heard. I quickly grabbed my pencil and sat up in ny seat. I pulled down my shirt as I looked over at Ashton to find he had his hands balled up in fists.

  The rest of the lesson went by without me or Ashton saying anything to each other. I looked at the clock to see there was only five minutes left of class.

  "What happened?" my head jerked towards Ashton as those two words slipped out of his mouth.

  "What do you mean?" I asked confused. He turned to look at me before pointing to my side where the bruise was at.

  "Oh, uh, I fell." I said still shocked he was talking to me at all.

  "You should be less clumsy." he said just as the bell rang.

  He quickly vanished leaving me slightly confused, and with one question on my mind.

  Did he care?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment, Become a Fan!!