The End Is Only The Beginning

Scarlett's POV

Jerome ripped the bomb off of my neck and threw it to the ground as he dragged me into a building nearby and we trailed up to the roof. Once we hit the top I yanked my hand away from him.

"Scarlett, we don't have time for this right now I need to get us out of here"

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I sneered and he pulled me by my bad arm and I yelped in pain but quickly went silent when I saw the look in Jeromes eyes.

"He took everything from me... I won't let him take you." I rolled my eyes. Men.

"Jerome, I did love you but-"

"Jerome!" Gordon yelled and Jerome pulled me to the wall of the roof and pulled me in front of him before putting a gun to my head.

"Not a step closer, Jimmy boy or your niece gets it."

"Let her go, Jerome. She loved you, and this is how you're going to treat her?"

"He's got a point, you crazy," I muttered.

I heard Jerome sigh before he moved his lips to my ear.

"Did you really love me?"

"Yes," I said without hesitation.

"You have so much potential, darling. You're what this city deserves. Give em' hell baby," he stated before pushing me off the edge and I hit the pavement of the roof. Gordon shot him in the arm when he tried to call the pilot and a tear ran down my face.

"Bomb's away!" he yelled into the phone and Jim shot him straight in the stomach. I screamed as I watched him fall off the edge. I ran over to the side and saw him hanging from a bar.

"You gonna let me fall and die or are you gonna pull me up and arrest me? What's it gonna be? Lawman or murderer?" he asked and reached out his hand. Gordon put his hand out a moment later and I sighed in relief until Jerome began laughing. "Good ol' gordon. Always playing by the rules. That's why I'll outlive you. that's why I'm loved, cause I don't give a damn about the rules"

"It's a long way down. You sure you'll outlive me?"

"Oh I'm sure. Cause I'm more than a man. I'm an idea and I will live on in the shadows with Gotham's discontent. You'll be seeing me soon. Au revoir!"

"No!" I yelled as he let go of the bar and fell to his death. I couldn't watch and I stepped away from the ledge and fell to my knees.

-------------

Jeremiah's POV

Bruce and I walked towards my brothers body, but I froze when I say Gordon approaching us with Scarlett, whose face was covered in drying tears and an emotionless state, in his arms.

"Scarlett?" I asked and rested a hand on her arm.

"He's gone," she sighed but as she turned her head to see Jerome's body on the car she froze.

"She needs to get to the hospital. Her shoulder has been bleeding out for quite some time," Gordon told us as a Gurney approached us. He set his niece down as she stared off into nothing and I hated to see her so... broken.

She passed out and I watched as they put her in the ambulance and drove away. I sighed, putting my hands in my pocket, and walked home. I got to my office when I spotted a gift that had been left for me. It was from Wayne Enterprises.

It was a box of some sort. I picked it up and began to examine it, but when I opened it a clown popped out and sprayed me with some sort of gas.

Hello, brother. Didn't think you could get rid of me so easily, could you? See, my days were numbered but you... Oh, you can continue on for me. Be my ultimate revenge. So, calm yourself. Don't fight it. Breathe it in. This gas was a special mixture I had made just for you. Something to finally set you free. It's time to have some fun. Burn it down, brother. Burn it all down!

----------------

Scarlett's POV

I woke up in the hospital room with my shoulder bandaged up. I looked around the room and saw a note on the table. I picked it up, and as soon as I opened it I knew who it was from.

Hello darling, bet you didn't expect to hear from me so soon. If you're reading this, I'm dead. Did you mourn, baby? Did you shed a tear?

I knew from the moment I saw you that you had a dark side. Little innocent Scarlett isn't all sunshine and rainbows is she? You have potential. I think it's time for you to unleash that side of you.

I gave my brother a similar talk, except he needed a little... push. I don't believe I need to go to that extent with you. Now is your time to shine, Scar! Don't let this opportunity go to waste.

Go find my brother. You two will make a great team. Perhaps he can give you the love I couldn't give to you.

Whether you're trying to kill me or claim you hate me... You will always have my love, Scarlett. Don't let me down.

-Yours truly

------------------