Xander Jay Valeska

Jeremiah's POV
"Boss. Wake up," that annoying whore shook me up from my nap.

"Ouch." I muttered in a threatening tone and narrowed my eyes at her.

"Oh. Stitches still sore huh? Never would've happened if you wore that armor i prepared." She asked when I opened my eyes and I snapped my hand up and grabbed her neck.

"That bullet is making you sentimental. Must you forget you lied to me about my beloved?"

"I-I thought-" I gripped tighter.

"And she will receive her punishment. I expected better from you," she nodded and leaned in to kiss me. I sat up and pushed her against the wall. "Don't be such a whore! You know who I belong too! We kissed once get over yourself. You are nothing compared to her, understood?!"

She wanted to complain but held it back. She just nodded and looked down.

"Good. Now, I take it you have news"

"All systems go"

"Then lead the way," I gritted through my teeth and pushed her forward. As soon as she was ahead of me I felt something in my pocket and pulled it out.

I froze.

It was a picture.

Xander.
————-
After dealing with the family reunion at the Wayne manor, I took to the shadows and decided to spy on my beloved. She was at Barbara's. Apparently there was a celebration in honor of Selina for killing me.

She wasn't there. She was in the apartments above the club on her rooms balcony holding... my son.

I could tell she was crying.

"Your father loved the stars. Not as much as he loved engineering though, but he still adored them," she laughed quietly and wrapped the blanket tighter around Xander.

"You'll ask one day why I named you Xander. And I'll tell you it was the one of many names your father went by, but this one was special. Because as soon as I laid eyes on "Xander Wilde," that was his name at the time, I knew I'd fallen in love with him all over again."

I may have been crazy but I swore i felt my cheeks getting wet.

Weird.

"I loved him. I just wanted you to be safe. I would take a bullet for you, my angel, and I'm sure the old Jeremiah would too."

I would not! Is she insane?!

But as soon as I looked into my sons eyes, I'd never admit it out loud, but I would...

With no hesitation.

I pulled away from the balcony next to hers and made my way to the street.

I will see you soon my queen. And we will be together once again with our little prince and rule the world.
———
Word count- 441