Rain

Two months after, everything was going in an even deeper hole than ever. He managed to find a second job that he did in the morning at a bookstore, even though it paid very little it was still something. The only problem that occurred with that was the fact that he'd be tired from the book store and then end up falling asleep in the middle of work at the car wash. He got scolded so many times that his manager was getting so frustrated he told the boss who then ended up firing him.

He tried finding another job but everywhere he went, they were either full or just plainly didn't want him. He lived off the bookstore alone and even worked two shifts as well. He began running so low on rent that he ended up selling a few of his things to repay. He sold his microwave to some university kids who were kinda short on money as well and wanted something cheap, he gave away his desk chair, it's not like he needed it anyway, he would just have to do any paper work on his bed. He sold a few other things and got about three hundred out of it but adding it to what was in his account, all of that was just the right amount to pay for rent and after that, he was completely broke.

That's when he decided to loan some money in his bank account to help with food and the next months rent. He got the money but now he had to work even harder to pay it all back before late fees began to pile up. He was so overwhelmed that he honestly could not feel any bone in his body as he walked back from the bookstore that night.

He reached the crossway. The same one he almost ended his life on. But as he approached it, it began raining harshly, there's absolutely NOTHING that could make his life any worse, but knowing him, there probably was something worse waiting for him.

He sighed and stood by the stop lights. His feet were beginning to die on him so he plopped himself down on one of the benches that was near the lights. It was completely soaked as well, but so was he so it didn't make a difference.

He only needed to get home and rest after all so he wasn't in a rush. The other bystanders just ignored him and went about their ways. They probably just thought of him as some sad high school drop out or maybe they didn't think of him in anyway, but that didn't stop him from getting paranoid.

He was getting extremely sleepy. He didn't even know it, he just thought he was tired so he just sat in place to gather energy.

His head began to tilt to the side and he nearly tipped over but suddenly, a hand went under and caught him just in time.

He was startled and looked up. "I wasn't expecting us to meet here again."

It was Simon. He had the same addictive smile and a blue and white umbrella over his head with a coffee cup in the same hand he was holding the umbrella.

"It's you." Aaron said with big eyes.

"Yup, It's been a while. I'd suggest you get out of here before you catch a cold though." Simon proposed, noticing how soaking wet he was from head to toe.

Aaron looked down at himself and quickly stood up, brushing the rain off his clothes—which was useless since it was still raining. "Mind telling me what you're doing in the rain without an umbrella?" Simon asked, his arms now folded on his chest.

"I...I don't...I didn't know it was going to rain." He replied. Truthfully, he didn't even own an umbrella. It wasn't something he really needed since it didn't rain a lot in the area he lived in, in this case it was early spring so it was expected for it to rain. It would soon go away anyway.

"And you decided to sit in the rain because...?"

"T-tired?"

"How far is your house." Simon suddenly asked after looking at Aaron for a few seconds.

"It's seven stops away by bus. Why?" Aaron answered.

"Wanna crash at my place? It only a five minute walk." He offered, pouting across the road.

"Oh no," he denied. "I'll be fine. Thanks anyway."

"Come on. I don't mind, you can leave early in the morning if you'd like. I just don't want you getting sick when I know I could help." He implored earnestly as if he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer.

In the end, Aaron was once again standing in front of the big house as Simon entered the code for the door.

Aaron had never seen someone opened a door in such a way. It was so mesmerising he couldn't stop staring at his hands as he did so.

The door opened and they entered the house. The living room is the first thing you see, it's big and has a large white tv stand/storage with a huge flat screen television in the middle and two speakers on both sides of it. The sofas are also white, there's three of them and a glass coffee table with a vase that had one blue camellia flower inside. The floor is tiled with very pale blue marbles. The living though, has a white carpet under the sofas and the table.

They take their shoes off and line them on the mat before going in further. "You can shower first, I'll get some clothes out for you." Simon said to Aaron who was busy admiring the house. Although, he didn't want to move from the doormat he was on, he might end up dripping water everywhere if he moved even an inch.

"Aaron, come on, let me show you to the bathroom." Simon snapped him out by shaking his arm a bit.

"Oh, but the floor..." he pointed out his state.

"It's okay, come on." Simon proceeded to pulling him over.

They reached the bathroom and just like the living room, this place was huge. Aaron could say it was even larger than his whole apartment combined. The shower and bathtub were separated. The room was white as well and the soap and towel were all blue—this man was addicted with his aesthetic! Maybe he has OCD was Aaron's thought.

"Just wash up and call me when you're done and I'll bring you some clothes." Simon said before leaving the room.

He showered, he wanted to leave as quickly as possible before he broke something expensive. He would've loved to take a bath in the huge tub but he didn't want to risk ruining anything.

He finished up and stepped out, drying himself with the nice and soft towel. He opened the door and didn't know how to call out to Simon. He tippy toed out with a towel over his waist, making sure he had dried himself well so he didn't leave trails of water. The house was completely quiet with the exception of the air-con but it too was hardly audible.

He pit-a-patted across the hallway, keeping his eyes foreword. But as he was about to make a turn to the kitchen area, something jumped on him at high speed, causing him to panic and lose his balance, thus falling to the ground with the towel long gone.

Simon must've heard his scream cause he came running down the halls with folded clothes in his hands. "Aaron? Are you okay?!" He yelled once he reached the boy. "Casper, get off of him right now! You're scaring our guest!" He added in much more stern tone.

Aaron had his eyes shut out of fear but he slowly opened them and the first thing he saw were the biggest blue diamond shaped eyes he had ever seen. That's when he took notice that it was a cat that had jumped on him. He scooted his body close to the wall, he wasn't really fund of cats.

"Casper, listen to daddy when he talks!" Simon raised his voice and the white feline hopped off of Aaron, slowly backing away and running into the kitchen.

"sorry about that, did he hurt you?" Simon set the clothes down and crouched to give Aaron a hand.

"I was just a bit startled." Aaron said with a nervous chuckle.

"Why don't you put on some clothes now, you'll get sick if you sit on the tiles butt naked like that." Simon looked down.

Aaron dropped his head as well and went completely red when he saw that his towel was no where near him. He quickly covered his crotch area in embarrassment and looked away from the man.

"Just get changed." Simon said, chuckling a bit and patting Aaron's hair.

🍧