Stay

The next morning, Aaron woke up with a bad sneeze. When Simon walked in to wake him for breakfast, he made sure to check his temperature and unfortunately, it wasn't too good.

"It's pretty bad, you should stay in bed until you cool down." Simon said while looking at the thermometer.

"No, I have to...achoo! Go to work today." Another sneeze took place after that.

Simon pulled a paper towel out and helped Aaron blow his nose and then tossed it into the trash bin near him.

"Today's no good. You'll end up getting your coworkers sick as well. You don't want that now do you?" Simon raised an eyebrow as he spoke to emphasise his point.

"Bu-" He couldn't even finished his sentence due to a sneeze that interrupted it.

"No buts. Just rest, tell me your work number and I'll let them know you're taking a day off." Simon blew his nose as he spoke.

"206..." He gave in.

Simon called the number a women with a thick Chinese accent picked up. "Hello?" She spoke through the line.

"Oh hi, I'm calling for Aaron and just wanted to let you know he'll be calling in sick today." Simon explained.

"Which Aaron? Skinny boy with black hair, or fat old man with white hair?" The women questioned.

Simon let out an unexpected laugh before quickly clearing his voice. "I'll go with the first one." He replied.

" Ah, that boy. He always come to work even when sick." It was silent on the other line for a while. "Fine, fine, but he come back to work tomorrow, Okay?" She finally spoke.

"Of course, I'll let him know, thank you very much ma'am." Simon waited for her to hang up before shutting his cellphone and slipping it back into his pocket. "You're all clear." He gave Aaron a thumbs up.

"Thank you." Aaron said sincerely before giving off a triple consecutive sneeze.

"gesundheit." Simon said to him, wiping his nose yet again. "Why don't you come with me and we can have breakfast." He added, reaching his hand out to Aaron.

The boy took it and Simon helped him out of bed and down the stairs to the kitchen area. He ate in that place just the night before but he still couldn't help but be amazed at the place.

The breakfast bar was made of white marbles and the dining table along with the counters by the stove and sink area which were massive in size.

He had utensils hanging by the window near the sink and on also had huge dining table with six chairs and a fruit bowl in the middle. He was still lost by that because ever since he came, the only other living thing in the house was his cat Casper.

He sat down at the island as Simon went over to the kitchen counters to grab something.

"Alright, I have lemon squares and banana bread, choose whichever you like best." He said and set both plates on the table. He went back and came back with a tea kettle and a mug. "I also have hot chocolate and tea if prefer that better." He then set them on the table as well.

Aaron couldn't choose he just took one slice of the banana bread, two lemon squares, some hot coco and decided to drink the tea later on after he was done.

He ate slowly, savouring every bite. He finished and thanked Simon for his amazing cooking skills. "Any time. If you get hungry anytime of the day, don't be shy to peak in the refrigerator and grab what you like." Simon said pointing to where the fridge was.

"Thank you." Aaron said again and gathered the plates, he was about to head to the sink but was stopped by Simon.

"Don't worry about that, you go back to bed and rest some more, I'll take care of that." Simon said with a genuine smile.