A confrontation

It has been a couple of days since then and I have been given the all-clear by the LAFD to go back to work. Right now I am trying to figure out why the ropes snapped when they were checked at the beginning of the day. After checking myself everything seemed to be in order except the ropes. It is driving me crazy as I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to figuring things out. To be honest I am thinking that whoever checked them failed to notice that the ropes were just about ready to snap. Either that or they were snagged on a rock. Anyway, I am going to ask Bobby about it. With that Idea, I quickly headed to his office. I tentatively knocked on the door. I let myself in as Bobby is the only one in the office.

"What can I do for you, Ella?" Bobby asks as he looks up from the paperwork that he is doing.

"Well. Umm... whoever checked the ropes a couple of days failed to notice that the rope was fraying," I awkwardly answer his question as I don't want to accuse anyone. I notice that Bobby is thinking about what happened that day. A flash of annoyance crosses his face.

"I don't think the equipment was checked," Bobby is confused by the statement that has just left his mouth. It's because he knows that it should have been. That makes two of us. Well, there is nothing that I can do about it but that day's events now make a little more sense. After a quick conversation, I find myself occupying the couch in the main rec area. My mind has now turned to the note that Buck supposedly wrote. I find it funny that someone like him would be shy. My thoughts are soon interrupted by the man himself.

"Hey, Ella. How's the wrist?" Buck asks as he flops himself next to me.

"It's ok... hang on, did you write this," I say as I get the note from my pocket. The anticipation grows as Buck reads it.

"Yes, but I was told too," Buck replies telling a half-truth as he catches up with what I mean. I let out a little giggle as the note reminds me of the good old days as a young kid.

"By who?" I get to work on getting more information from Buck. I have no clue as to who would get someone like Buck to write a note. I'm hoping Buck would give me good answers.

"None of your business," he replies with a cheeky grin.

"Oh come on," I gave him the puppy dog eyes. I really want to know who told him as I want to thank them. It is at that moment that I notice Buck has gone bright red.

"No she doesn't want you to know," he informs me. I landed a playful punch on his shoulder to get revenge. Of course. That means Hen told him to do it. I'm surprised that she would suggest something like that. I've only known her to be upfront about love.

"You can punch," I can tell that Buck is faking it. I know for a fact that I didn't punch him hard enough to hurt him. He's just being a goofball. After a few minutes of chatting, we are interrupted by Hen who looks satisfied with something. She's probably satisfied because Buck and I are sitting together. Well her plan to get Buck to tell me that he has feelings for me worked.

"What happened to Buck? And how are you feeling?" Hen turns her attention to Buck who is rubbing his shoulder. He's been a baby.

"To answer your second question I'm good. As to the first question, Buck is being a baby. We had a small disagreement," I explained the situation to Hen.

"Can I have a private talk in the locker room?" I ask as I get up. I am going to get the answer directly from her. With a nod, we head to the locker room.

"What can I do to help?" Hen asks. She is a little confused. I expected that to be the case. Now for the awkward part.

"I need to ask this guy out but I'm not sure the best way to do it," I ask in a roundabout manner as it may reveal if Hen got Buck to write the note. It will be funny if that is the case. Her look of confusion only grows.

"Do you have any ideas?" I am trying to be careful as I don't want to give it away that I know until she confirms that it was her.

"It depends on who the person is," Hen replies. She doesn't seem convinced.

"Hypothetically what should I do if the person is Buck?" I ask.

"Here and Buck asked me the same question," Hen says as she passes me a notebook and a pen. Bingo. That solves that mystery.

"Thanks, Hen," I respond as I get to work on writing a note to Buck. The words I settle on are simple. Hopefully, Buck finds the piece of paper. Just in case it sounds weird I've decided to get Hen's opinion.

"How does this sound 'Meet me outside after our shift ends from your crush'?" Hopefully, it's not too cheesy however Buck was the one that got us into this mess. Hen seems to consider what I wrote.

"That's fine. Just so long as Buck sees it," Hen confirms. At least she knows what she is doing.

"Thanks, Hen," I respond as I try to get the note into Buck's locker. It takes me a few goes but I manage to get it in. It will be interesting to see how Buck reacts. I feel like a high school kid since I am writing notes to Buck but you can't blame me as I am new to showing my feelings.