Another rescue and a note (Ella's POV)

It has been a few hours since I chatted with Hen and I am getting ready to leave. It is a task that is taking longer than usual as I am lost in my thoughts about what I am going to do with Buck once he gets the note. To be honest the only thing that is coming to mind is dinner and a movie but I feel like that is too cliche. I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. The signal bell blares pulling me out of my thoughts. Well, duty calls.

"Excuse me, Buck," I remark as I skillfully doge him.

"Sorry," He responds as he falls in behind me. I can tell that Buck's apology was a little awkward. The thing is he didn't have to apologise. Oh well, there is nothing that I can do about that.

"It's fine, it could be worse," I reply as we split to get to our respective vehicles. After seven long minutes of driving, we made it to the scene. It is a three-way pile-up. With Bobby's instructions Hen and I get to work. I make my way to one of the cars. I find a panic-stricken man. I glance at his legs. One of them is pinned behind the steering wheel.

"Sir, I need you to remain calm ok can you do that?" I get to work on reassuring him. It is proving to be a little difficult.

"I'm trying, it's just really hard. My leg. It hurts," the man cries out. I turn my head around to see Buck waiting for instructions.

"Ok my teammate Buck is going to help me free you but you are going to have to relax," I say as I turn my attention back to the man. The way I delivered my instructions seems to have calmed the man down enough for Buck and me to pull him out without making things worse. After a few seconds of waiting Buck has the jaws of life.

"See I told you," I say to the man who seems to calm down even more.

"Excuse me," Buck remarks as I step out of the way. I find myself uttering the time-old phrase of 'What comes around and goes around'. After a tense two-minute wait Buck has given me enough room to help the man. After thirty minutes of tying up loose ends, we are finally back at the firehouse and I am ready to go in record time. I desperately want to see if Buck got my note. Speaking of the devil he quickly joins me. Seeing him puts a slight smile on his face.

"I see you got my note," I say as my slight smile gives way to a smirk.

"Yes, I did," Buck responds.

"I was thinking maybe we could get take out and go to my place," I inwardly cringe as I settle on the cliche option. I really couldn't think of anything. Besides I just want to go home and relax. With Buck of course.

"Ok, that sounds like a plan," Buck's response manages to quell my bother about choosing the cliche option.

"Let's go," I say as we leave. After twenty minutes of driving, we made it back to my apartment. Right now we are trying to find something to watch on Netflix. Unfortunately, neither of us can find something to agree on. The reason? Well, I like slice-of-life movies whereas Buck is a fan of action movies. I can't blame him though.

"Why don't we order something to eat?" Buck asks. It's good timing as well. I am hungry.

"What do you want to eat? I answer with a question since I haven't thought this through. Besides Buck knows the kind of food that I like.

"Chinese take away if that's ok with you," Buck suggests. I give it a few seconds of consideration. I am quick to settle on my response.

"Sure," I say. With that out of the way, we order our food and set the table. After the longest twenty minutes of waiting the food has arrived. I soon make quick work of distributing our food. After a few seconds, I notice Buck glance at me as if to ask permission. I subtly nod back. As soon as we tuck in Buck encounters the age-old problem of not knowing how to use chopsticks. I find myself giggling at Buck's misfortune.

"Stop giggling. I need practice," Buck cuts my giggles short. He is lucky that we are not at work otherwise he will be nicknamed noodle for sure.

"If you don't want me giggling use a fork," I counter even though I know Buck is determined to practice. After a minute of trying Buck leaves the table. After a few seconds of looking, he has found the much-needed fork. He goes back to eating however he still manages to lose another noodle.

"I don't think the fork is helping," Buck announces as he gives up.

"At least you tried," I get to work on reassuring Buck. Even though Buck is adorable when he is embarrassed I don't want him to feel embarrassed about not being able to eat Chinese without making a mess. To be honest I thought I was going to be the one who made the mess. After a couple of minutes of silence, Buck speaks up.

"So how did you end up as a paramedic?" He asks.

"Well I flunked med school but I didn't want to waste my medical knowledge," I give him the too-long, didn't read version. A pang of sadness crosses my face. I want to tell Buck the story just yet as I feel like I need my brother's permission. In case you are wondering it is because he is a major character.

"how about you?" I deflect the question. Luckily for me, Buck is smart enough not to push for an answer.

"I joined the LAFD for the adrenaline rush you get from rescuing people, to be honest," Buck explains. There is clearly more to the story however I am not going to push either. He will tell me when he is ready. After a couple of hours of socialising, Buck decides that it is time that we part ways for the night.

"Thanks for dinner," Buck responds as he gathers his things.

"No worries I'll see you tomorrow," I respond. The thing is I am looking forward to it as tonight has proven to me that Buck is more than just the cute guy who has to save everyone. I think I might have fallen for Buck in those two hours. I just hope that we can make it work.