CHAPTER 11 - FAMILY

"So how was the new workplace, Liz? Was it environment-friendly? Do you think there is a tendency to pull you out of step? Sometimes unprofessional associates can extremely pollute the surroundings and they are everywhere, oh god I swear. You have to go round with a spiteful tongue or else it will be hard to keep up.

Abigail dropped by her apartment one fine day with the ultimate aim of bombarding her with stories of her fearless adventure rather than the work-related substance. It was a deafening and mind-blowing catch up with her from a long week of absence. Elizabeth, on the other hand, had already foreseen this happening. She didn't receive any calls from her friend during those days of her stay in a foreign land and so she thought that Abigail was extremely occupied by her work but she bet it all wrong for the truth was exactly the opposite. Her attention was totally hard-pressed with that short-term ardent affair which she tagged as a fate bound acquaintance with a stranger. And now, it is her turn to narrate her account of being relocated to the new office and the new position she's in.

"Thanks for the concern Abi. Everything is fine so far. I would say, less stress from the annoying guys and nothing new from the envy lovers who send me some of their double death glares, don't know why exactly. Or, has it something to do with my unwelcomed invasion?"

"Never mind them! You're just as good as a magnet for jealousy. In other fabulous words, you are far better and it sucks them as hell. When an atmosphere in the office smells poisonous, you have to get wrapped up that most-- if not all-- of them are wearing appropriate garment but with underlying venomous tippet and you know what's the best thing to rebound the situation? Just be yourself and don't get affected by the manifestation of their personal downward insecurities because whether they like it or not, as long as the superiors do not evict you from your post, they have to live with it. Unfortunately, it happens and I say it's the famous bedrock of most office games. Now tell me before it could ever pass my head, how about this boss of yours? How is he? Is he something papalicious?"

Abigail giggled at her own term of describing a handsome delectable male. Of course, how come she could get past with it when it is her favourite part of the story? What else? She knew so much more than I could even care to know about this legendary god walking around in a steamy raw flesh. From the very first moment I disclosed my newfound job that had made me run down into cleaved spirit because I had learnt to love working in the cafeteria and the old Miss Brenda had been more than just my employer which was a fortune that Abigail didn't take me as her rival being her aunt's favourite, she was the one who had insisted me to grab that, how did she term that? Ah, the once in a lifetime lucky meal. I could never forget the words she told me:

Put your shot honey and I assure you, you'll gonna kiss my butt for being a part of his world.

Whoever said I wanted to become a part of somebody else's world? I was having a really hard time coping and getting an iron grip with my own world, let alone living and keeping up with someone else's. Elizabeth thought this after remembering what her friend had just uttered.

"Is papalicious even a word? Well... I'm afraid that I'll be anticipating for another world war which I hoped not. I thought I'm done with those childish, annoying guys lingering around and doing weird things to get my attention since I no longer see them. But this one? This one is an absolute combined forces. And if ever someone will invite me for a launchpool of his kind, I would rather just watch than catch one. God, he is an utter asshole!"

"Hey, hey... calm down my dear! Are you referring to someone else or was it the owner of your new world?"

Her friend seemed confused but Elizabeth hardly believed it. She just wanted details, like she didn't know enough Abi. However, she felt an odd excitement upon recalling her vivid backfire which she supposed as something so interesting to talk about the office play. And this didn't get past Abigail's attention. She gave her a malicious grin but in response, Elizabeth threw a sour face upon recalling a distasteful occurrence. The famous trash bin incident.