CHAPTER 28 - THE WORST NIGHTMARE

Elizabeth's POV...

I opened my eyes... the ceiling was beautiful in her pastel mint green color. What?? Mint green??? I instantly rose up my head and now fully wide awake. Where am I? Ouch!! My head! I roamed my eyes across the room. The clock on the wall said it was five thirty in the morning. The place was unfamiliar. The bed was big, covered with pearl white silky fabric. I touched the blanket and knew right that it was so soft just like the ones I have at home... I mean my real home, not the apartment. I ran my hands through the fabric of the blanket that was covering my whole naked... NAKED????????? OH... MY... GOD!!! HOLY CROW!!! Why am I naked???? Shit! Shit! What happened?? Why am I not in my own bed and fully naked?? The panic was starting to swell up my frantically throbbing chest... I was in a total deep shock. What an incubus!! No... no... Lizzy, try to relax... concentrate and think what happened last night. Ouch!!! My head, again. I looked across the window; the sunlight was starting to illuminate the room. A small note on the bedside table caught my eyes.

Drink this pain reliever as soon as you wake up. I brought you a nice dress and under garments to wear. It fits on you and your beautiful lean body.

Yeah, beside the note there was a medicine pill and a glass of water. Pain reliever? Why?? Wait... my head is aching, my arms too... my legs are both sore... My... no.. no, I don't think so... but my whole body felt like I plowed a ten acre meadow. Decidedly, I took the medicine and drank all the water in the glass. My heart was constantly pounding.

Oh Lizzy, get a grip of yourself.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. With my eyes closed all I ever saw was his apparition. His insanely handsome face. I opened my eyes and as weird as it felt, it was as if the actual moment I really woke up from my sleep. Him... my boss... the ever proud and pompous billionaire James Anderson. For heaven's sake, what have I done?? I slept with my boss I hardly knew personally. But how did it happen? I tried to recollect what I did last night. I got drunk and danced all night in the middle of the crowd. The glaring lights flashing all around the dance floor. I was in a total euphoric state. My whole body and brain was corrupted with alcohol. And there he came all of a sudden. I felt his nearness and it sent shivers all throughout my body. There was the captivating sensation and I felt it especially when he held me. The way he looked into my eyes as if I was the most desirable woman in the whole universe. But then I remembered that I hate him. I was a total mess last night. I was thinking hard if I did anything stupid to provoke him. I made myself a prey to the most beguiling predator. He took advantage of me in my worst condition. God, it was an absolute disaster and so the rumors were true!

I scrambled out of the huge expensive bed wrapping the silky blanket around my naked body. I walked across the huge window and peaked between the curtains. I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw the beautiful skyscrapers outside, the cars along the busy streets, and people rushing to work.

Oh goddamn!!! I need to go to work. I will be late.

I rushed to the bathroom to clean myself. I needed to tidy my whole body as in I had to make double cleansing of my whole skin to scrape off any residue from that pompous man. That was not the right time to grieve for what had happened to me so I only needed to focus to what must comes next. I had myself wasted last night so I can't afford to waste another one most specially my time today by staying in a pickle. I had to start my day by showing no traces of yesterday's regret. I took a shower to refresh my body and brain to restart processing again. I wore the dress I found neatly placed over a tea table across the small yet cozy living room painted in neutral color. I wanted to complain about the dress not because I didn't like it but more of the idea how he knew my size because the moment I had it in me, the fabric hugged my body in their right places, no loose spaces.