CHAPTER 44 - EXPLODED

James' POV...

I was wondering what she would be wearing at the party. I couldn't help the excitement that was studded in my chest. When I read her reply to my email two days ago, I felt so troubled. Scenes of her dancing with another man were playing in my head and I felt so damn inflamed. She can never be touched by any man beyond me.

Remembering the last time with the chink guy, it made my hackles rise. Good thing to know that she told me that the Jerry guy is just a good friend and nothing more.

I didn't tell her that I will be coming home today. I wanted to surprise her. I have a gift for her, too.

It's hard to please her when it comes to gifts. She wouldn't accept expensive things which makes her way different to all the women I have dated. She would rather prefer not to receive anything from me.

I am not just showing my sincerity to our relationship by giving her material things. It's just that I can afford to give her what I know is beautiful although nothing can match her beauty. I just love giving her anything.

I looked at my watch while driving all the way down going to my penthouse. It's almost six thirty in the afternoon. The party will begin at nine at Cospea Resort Club and Hotel. The venue was chosen by my sister whose proprietor was her college schoolmate.

I arrived home at exactly seven o'clock. It was a tiring trip. I immediately took a warm bath to relieve my body from the long stressful travel. I wrapped my lower half body with a towel and went to get a cup of coffee. I guess I need a bit of caffeine to stimulate my senses. I am really in a haggard state and the only thing that had kept me awake during my travel is my anticipation to see her.

While taking a cup of coffee I decided to go outside my house and look around. I am thinking of bringing her here in my house one day. I wanted to invite her here for a dinner. I know, she had been here once when I asked her to bring my suit. That was the time when I was annoying her because I didn't like the way she treated me. That was the time when she saw the picture of my little girl.

She asked me about it but I didn't entertain her question not because I wanted to hide it from her but it is because I only wanted to focus myself to her

She asked me about it but I didn't entertain her question not because I wanted to hide it from her but it is because I only wanted to focus myself to her. Honestly, Elizabeth is becoming the center of my attention these past few days. I think I am really falling hard into her but then there are times when I look into her eyes and I can see the reflection of me when I was a young boy holding the little girl's hand that was beside me. No matter how I tried hard to deny myself in recalling the past, I couldn't. Everytime I look to Elizabeth's face, I can see the picture of the old days. My intuition is telling me that the little girl is just beside me.... that it is her!

I think I should ask her some things about her life.

I entered inside the house after I have finished my cup of coffee. I heard my phone ringing. It was there at the center table of my grand livingroom. I went there and looked at the screen. It is my ex- girlfriend who's calling.