Chapter 7 : Newbie

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

They are portals for ancient Greece.

Humans who spoke directly to gods.

One famously known as Pythia,

priestess to Apollo.

An Oracle to the gods.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I sat at my desk -- my cheek on my left palm while my right hand aimlessly tapped the tabletop with a pen

I was bored.

Which wasn't normal since one of my favorite courses was Ancient Greece. Pedro sat at the farthest side of the classroom, his legs stretched out before him as he faced our tutor with the same expression.

Pedro and I shared the same Greek class. Zion was in my history and French class while Hunter was in all others.

I know what you're thinking. Why Hunter of all people?

I wish I could answer that myself. Pedro seemed to be in thought as he kept biting his lip. Then he caught me staring. His eyes grew wide in surprise before burying it with a smile and a wink. The thoughtful Pedro had suddenly disappeared.

He's hiding something.

"Now isn't the time to be ogling a Peterson," Dimitri said from my side.

I frowned at him. He moved into my position -- hands on his cheek -- and wiggled his eyebrows in a sultry way. I rolled my eyes and elbowed his ribs but he steered clear from the hit with a laugh. Dimitri was my sitting partner, which was nice but he gets unbearable on some occasions.

"Alright, class..." Mr. Copperbottom, AKA, Mr. Metallicbutt, tapped his fingers against the whiteboard. "....we've completed our recap on all the prominent greek festivals. Now we're going to talk about ritual practices in Greek culture."

He walked to his table, sipped coffee from his mug then clicked his tongue before placing it down. "Now, can someone--"

Our class door was pushed open and every student in class -- including those dozing off -- snapped into alert mode. Our principal walked in with his assistant. They were followed by two young guys and one female.