Chapter 60 : Shackles

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Atë.

She's the Greek goddess of mischief,

delusion, ruin, and folly.

Até also refers to an action performed by a hero. 

Mythology personifies Atë as the daughter either of Zeus or Eris.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Two words;

Who's Artemis?

Eros stood before me. He looked calm and unfazed but his hands spoke differently; they had balled into tight fists.

The little dot had gotten bigger and it was easy to tell what headed our way.

An eagle.

With every second, its size began to increase abnormally in size. It circled the rooftop like a vulture surrounding a dead corpse. It had the size of a vehicle.

After a few seconds of aimless wondering. It landed on the pavement a few feet from us with its huge talons.

The eagle ruffled its feathers and cocked its head at us. It slowly folded its massive wings.

"That's Artemis?"

Eros never answered. I couldn't see his face since his back was in full view. He looked tense.

Wait, who's Artemis?

I remembered a class session with Mr. Metallic Butt and had mostly described her as Tarzan's sister.

A goddess of the hunt.

The eagle lowered its body and slowly bowed its head. That's when I noticed the tiny figure settled upon it.

A girl no more than eleven or twelve jumped from the huge bird's back.

"Hello, lover boy!" She chirped at Eros. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail. She pet her companion and the eagle cooed from her touch.