Chapter 95 : Liam

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Nyx is the Greek goddess of the night.

She existed at the beginning of creation,

And mothered other gods such as Hypnos (Sleep), Thanatos (Death), and Erebus (Darkness).

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I reflexively clenched my hands when the cold pads of Henry's finger touched my cheek

I reflexively clenched my hands when the cold pads of Henry's finger touched my cheek. With a digit, he pulled stray strands of hair behind my ear.

I couldn't meet his eyes but I knew he was watching. I tested the ropes around my wrists. It was as tight as before.

Damn it.

"Do you wanna hear me out or what?" He asked.

I grunted in frustration. "Like I have a choice."

He smiled at my statement and scooted back against the headboard. "Then let's start from the beginning, shall we?" He absently combed his fingers through my hair. With a sigh, he lifted his gaze and stared straight ahead. "I met Liam three months ago. I was human; a depressed one. My twin sister had died and her body was found on the porch of her hotel room."

I bit my lip, somehow feeling a hint of sympathy. But I couldn't trust that. Mainly because he's my abductor and he wants to see me dead.

Henry carried on. "It was one of the lowest points of my life, primarily because I also lost my best friend. I wanted to forget my problems, leave everything behind. I thought of a nightclub. Star-crossed Inc.

"Frankly, I wasn't that type of guy. I was more like the awkward anti-social nerd who always sit at a front-row desk. For once, I wanted to be...different. It made me open to everything and It got me into a vodka challenge with Liam. I won in the end." He said smugly.

I rolled my eyes but he didn't seem to notice.

Henry continued. "Since then, Liam and I became inseparable. We went to more clubs than we could count. And yes, we met the ladies but I knew they confronted us because of him. Most people will prefer a guy like Liam to someone like me. It's something very common in society. I didn't feel the least bothered, though. Until I met her.